The Tesla Model S is already a smooth and comfortable vehicle to drive on the road, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it even more smooth, and even more quiet.
The way to go about making your ride even quieter is by putting the right tires on your Model S. Below we have provided a selection of the top tires that offer great performance, while also being the quietest tires for tesla model S cars. We also go over some of the key points that you need to keep in mind.
Table of Contents
Quietest Tires for Tesla Model S – Our Top Picks
Vredestein Hypertrac All Season
The Vredestein HYPERTRAC is an ultra-high-performance all-season tire designed for premium and luxury sedan owners. With a focus on superior wet performance and a well-balanced approach across various seasonal conditions, this tire aims to provide exceptional driving experiences. Available in 42 sizes (including sizes appropriate for the Model S), it caters to a diverse range of vehicles seeking heightened control, precise handling on dry roads, and an overall smooth and luxurious ride.
- Outstanding Wet Performance: The HYPERTRAC excels in wet conditions, offering shorter stopping distances and superior cornering grip on wet roads for enhanced safety.
- Agile and Precise on Dry Roads: Sharp and precise handling on dry surfaces, providing heightened control in corners for a sporty driving experience.
- Exceptional Driving Experience: The tire offers superb noise reduction, contributing to a smooth and luxurious ride, enhancing the overall driving experience.
- Versatile All-Season Design: Suited for a variety of seasonal conditions, making it a practical choice for year-round driving.
- Wide Range of Sizes: With 42 sizes available, the HYPERTRAC accommodates different vehicles, providing options for various makes and models, and fits perfectly on the Tesla Model S.
- Balanced Performance: Offers a well-rounded performance profile, making it suitable for drivers who prioritize wet performance, dry handling, and comfort.
- Rim Protector: Equipped with a rim protector to guard against potential damage.
- No Speed Rating for Some Sizes: A few sizes lack a specific speed rating, limiting options for drivers with high-speed performance requirements.
- Limited Snow and Ice Performance: While excelling in wet and dry conditions, specialized winter tires may be preferred for drivers in regions with severe snow and ice conditions.
Conclusion: The Vredestein HYPERTRAC stands out as an ultra-high-performance all-season tire, offering premium features for drivers of luxury and premium sedans such as the Model S. Its emphasis on wet performance, precise dry handling, and acoustic comfort makes it a well-rounded choice for those seeking a versatile but quiet tire. The availability of various sizes enhances its compatibility with a wide range of vehicles. While it may lack a speed rating for some sizes, and specialized winter tires may be preferable in harsh winter conditions, the HYPERTRAC provides an appealing balance of performance and comfort for discerning drivers.
Bridgestone Potenza Sport
The Bridgestone Potenza Sport is engineered to empower drivers, offering high-performance summer tires that provide exceptional control on the track. Designed for both wet and dry conditions, these tires deliver an exhilarating driving experience. The tire features a next-generation ultrahigh silica compound, specially engineered pattern geometry, 3D sipe technology, and tuned tread sequencing to enhance dry and wet performance, as well as ensure a quiet ride.
- Wet Performance: The Potenza Sport excels in wet conditions, providing reliable traction and control even on damp surfaces.
- Dry Performance: Engineered for high-speed control and responsiveness, the tire delivers impressive performance on dry roads and during sharp maneuvers.
- Quiet Ride: With tuned tread sequencing, the tire offers a quiet and comfortable driving experience, enhancing overall ride satisfaction.
- High wet and dry performance due to ultrahigh silica compound and advanced pattern geometry.
- Engineered for a quiet and comfortable ride.
- Suitable for high-speed driving and sharp cornering.
- Good traction, durability, and comfort.
- Increased noise as the tires age.
- Some drivers noted they wear faster than expected.
- Higher price point compared to some competitors in the market.
Conclusion: The Bridgestone Potenza Sport tire is an excellent choice for drivers seeking a high-performance summer tire with a focus on wet and dry traction. Its advanced features contribute to a comfortable and quiet ride. While some users noted minor drawbacks such as noise increase over time and variable tread life, the overall consensus is positive. Consider these tires for a thrilling driving experience, especially if wet and dry performance are top priorities alongside finding the quietest tire for your model S.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S
The MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 S Car tires are the pinnacle of max performance summer tires, born from the legendary MICHELIN PILOT Super Sport. With a focus on long-lasting performance, these tires offer exceptional road handling, control, and grip in both dry and wet conditions. Backed by the Michelin Promise Plan, including a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, roadside assistance, and a 30,000-mile warranty, these tires are designed for drivers seeking the ultimate driving experience.
- Excellent Road Handling: The Pilot Sport 4 S provides outstanding road handling and control, even at high speeds, ensuring a safe and precise driving experience.
- Exceptional Dry Grip and Wet Braking: Achieves top rankings in both dry lap time and braking as well as wet lap time and braking, making it a versatile tire for various road conditions.
- Derived from Endurance Racing: Born from endurance racing, these tires incorporate advanced technology to deliver maximum combined performance on the road and occasional track usage.
- Top Performance: Ranks 1st in dry lap time, dry braking, wet lap time, and wet braking, showcasing its all-around performance capabilities.
- Dynamic Response Technology: Adapts to the road for ultra-precise steering, outstanding cornering power, and remarkable tread life, providing an exhilarating driving experience.
- Better Treadlife: Offers 9% better tread life compared to its predecessor, the MICHELIN PILOT Super Sport.
- Premium Design: Features a premium touch finish for a dark velvet effect on the external sidewall and a deep rim protector to guard against light wheel damage.
- Homologated by Premium Car Manufacturers: Approved by high-performance vehicle manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari, attesting to its quality and performance.
- Limited Mileage Warranty: The 30,000-mile mileage warranty may be considered relatively modest compared to some competitors.
- Higher Price Point: Positioned as a premium tire, it comes with a higher price tag compared to standard options in the market.
Conclusion: The MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 S stands out as a top-tier max performance summer tire, delivering exceptional performance in various driving conditions. With a heritage derived from endurance racing and an array of advanced features, it provides precise steering, excellent cornering power, and an exhilarating driving experience. While the limited mileage warranty and higher price point may be considerations, the overall consensus is that these tires are a worthwhile investment for drivers who prioritize performance and control.
Continental Extremecontact Dws 06 Plus
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus is a premium all-season ultra-high-performance tire designed for passenger cars, crossovers, and SUVs. Offering true year-round traction, this tire is equipped with SportPlus Technology, delivering responsive handling, enhanced wet road grip, and extended tread life. With a focus on versatility, it caters to drivers seeking optimal performance in various driving conditions all while operating very quietly.
- Enhanced Dry and Wet Handling: The tire boasts improved dry and wet handling capabilities, ensuring a responsive and controlled driving experience.
- Improved Dry and Wet Braking: Featuring advanced technology, it provides better braking performance on both dry and wet surfaces.
- Improved Snow and Ice Performance: Designed to excel in snowy and icy conditions, making it a suitable choice for drivers facing diverse weather challenges.
- Exceptional Tread Life: Engineered for extended tread life, offering durability and longevity.
- Versatile All-Season Performance: Ideal for year-round use, catering to drivers facing varied weather conditions.
- SportPlus Technology: Responsive handling and improved grip on wet roads contribute to a confident driving experience.
- Stylish Aesthetics: The unique and stylish design enhances the overall look of the vehicle.
- Total Confidence Plan Warranty: Backed by a comprehensive warranty, including a 50,000-mile limited warranty, 60-day trial, and 3-year roadside assistance.
- Limited Snow and Ice Performance: All-season tires do not match the specialized performance of dedicated winter tires in severe snow and ice conditions.
Conclusion: The Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus stands out as a top choice for drivers seeking a premium, all-season, ultra-high-performance tire. With a focus on versatility, responsive handling, and improved tread life, it offers a well-rounded driving experience. While it may not replace dedicated winter tires in extreme snow and ice conditions, its overall performance and unique design make it a compelling option for a range of driving needs, especially quietness. The added benefit of the Total Confidence Plan warranty enhances the appeal of this tire for those seeking peace of mind and reliability.
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4
The Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 is a high-performance all-season tire designed for a wide range of cars, SUVs, and vans, it’s also perfect for the Model S. Boasting a unique blend of style and functionality, this tire is engineered to deliver superior performance in various weather conditions, making it a standout choice for drivers seeking a balance of wet and dry traction, winter confidence, and a stylish appearance. Backed by the Michelin Promise Plan, it offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, roadside assistance, and a mileage warranty of up to 45,000 miles. It is another tire for that is not only a good all-rounder but reasonably quiet on the road.
- Versatile All-Season Design: The tire is crafted to provide exceptional performance in dry, wet, and snow-covered conditions, offering year-round driving confidence.
- Superior Traction and Grip: The asymmetric tread pattern, 360-degree variable sipe technology, and Helio+ technology contribute to excellent lateral grip, improved traction in wet and snowy conditions, and advanced rubber gripping even in freezing temperatures.
- Extended Tread Life: The tire offers up to 29% more tread life than leading competitors, providing long-lasting performance.
- Dynamic Response Technology: Developed on the track and proven on the street, the innovative technology ensures even distribution of forces and temperatures for extended wear life.
- Premium Design: The tire’s premium supercar certified design, especially chosen for the Chevrolet Corvette, adds a stylish touch to the vehicle’s appearance.
- Total Confidence Plan Warranty: Covered by a comprehensive warranty, including a 45,000-mile limited warranty, providing peace of mind for drivers.
- Not Great for Winter: While offering improved snow traction, dedicated winter tires will outperform the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4 in severe snow and ice conditions.
Conclusion: The Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire stands out as a compelling choice for drivers seeking a high-performance, all-season tire with a focus on style, versatility, and extended tread life. With its recognition as the first all-season tire for the Chevrolet Corvette and advanced technologies for superior traction, it caters to enthusiasts looking for a premium driving experience even for your Tesla Model 3. While excelling in various conditions, it’s important to consider specialized winter tires for extreme snow and ice conditions. Overall, this tire combines performance, style, and the reliability of the Michelin Promise Plan, making it a noteworthy option for discerning drivers.
Key Features of Quiet Tires for Tesla Model S
Since Tesla Model S electric cars are incredibly quiet, any road noise becomes significantly more noticeable. Choosing the right quiet tires can greatly improve your driving experience by minimizing unwanted sounds and enhancing comfort. Here are some key features to consider when selecting quiet tires for your Tesla Model S:
1. Noise Reduction Technology:
- Foam Inserts: Look for tires with foam inserts lining the inner tread area. These inserts absorb vibrations and road noise effectively, creating a quieter ride.
- Optimized Tread Design: The tread pattern of the tire plays a crucial role in noise generation. Tires with a closed shoulder design and variable pitch sequences tend to be quieter than those with open shoulders and regular pitch patterns.
2. Material Composition:
- Softer Rubber Compounds: Softer rubber compounds, while offering less performance in terms of handling and wear, provide a smoother and quieter ride. Look for tires with a higher silica content, which contributes to noise reduction.
3. Additional Considerations:
- Tire Size: Larger tires tend to be louder than smaller ones. If you prioritize quietness, consider choosing a smaller tire size within the recommended range for your Tesla Model S.
- Seasonality: All-season tires generally offer a good balance of noise reduction, performance, and tread life. However, if you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, you may want to consider dedicated summer or winter tires that are optimized for specific weather conditions.
- Price: Quiet tires often come at a premium price point compared to standard tires. Consider your budget and prioritize features that are most important to you.
By considering these key features, you can choose the best quiet tires for your Tesla Model S and enjoy a more relaxed and comfortable driving experience.
Finding the quietest tires for your Tesla Model S will make your experience on the road many times more smooth and comfortable, so it’s a worth while endeavor. The tires that we have added to our list are good options for your consideration. You should also take into account the key features listed above that we have provided.
Finding the right tire is a mix between picking the right features, and finding an option that suits your budget. If after reading this article you’re still unsure about which one to choose, then you should consult a tire specialist.
Hi there! I’m Naomi O’Colman. I’ve got years of experience working at an auto repair shop here in Texas under my belt. On top of that, ever since I was a kid I’ve been passionate about the auto industry. Since I’ve joined the team at automotivegearz.com I’ve been enthusiastically sharing my passion and insights with my readers. I’m dedicated to delivering high quality content and helping you stay up to date with the latest automotive trends and products out there!