The Accord has been around for quite some time now, and it has built itself a reputation of being a good reliable car that is comfortable to drive (and also economical). In order to make it even more comfortable, you may want to put some tires on it that can reduce the road noise.
To help you to find the quietest tires for Honda the Accord we’ve put together this article. We will go over some of the top options that will provide a smooth and quiet ride. We also consider all the other important factors that make up a good tire like longevity, performance, and reliability.
Table of Contents
Quietest Tires for the Honda Accord:
Yokohama AVID 31831
The Yokohama Avid Touring-S 225/50R17 94H 31831, is an all-season passenger car touring tire designed for optimal performance and comfort.
- Twin Rail Stability Rib: Enhances stability and responsiveness during driving.
- Silent Shoulder: Reduces road noise, providing a quieter and more enjoyable ride.
- Tapered Rain Channels: Improves wet traction by efficiently channeling water away from the tire’s contact patch.
- Cross Traction Sipes: Enhances grip on various road surfaces, contributing to better overall traction.
- Triplex Tread Compound: A specialized compound for a balance of durability and performance.
- Luxury Sidewall Construction: Adds a touch of sophistication to the tire’s appearance.
- Load Rating: 94
- Speed Rating: H
- Warranty: 65,000-Mile Limited Treadwear Warranty
- Average Delivery: 2-5 Business Days
- All-Season Performance: Designed for year-round use, making it suitable for diverse weather conditions.
- Pattern Features: Innovative design elements contribute to stability, quietness, and enhanced traction.
- Warranty Coverage: Backed by a 65,000-mile limited treadwear warranty, providing assurance of longevity.
- Quick Shipping: Most orders ship the same day, ensuring timely delivery to customers.
- Price: Not as cheap as other options
Conclusion: The Yokohama Avid Touring-S 225/50R17 94H 31831 presents a compelling option for those seeking a well-rounded, all-season touring tire. Its innovative pattern features, backed by a 65,000-mile warranty, highlight a commitment to performance and durability. It also offers good performance while being a reasonably quiet tire with a smooth ride.
Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack
The Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack in the 195/65R15 size is a premium touring tire designed for sedans and minivans, Backed by an 80,000-mile limited mileage warranty, this tire is engineered to deliver a smooth and quiet ride while maintaining impressive performance in various conditions.
- Top 3 Features: Prioritizes a Quiet Ride, Ride Comfort, and Tread Life, making it an excellent choice for drivers seeking a well-rounded touring experience.
- Tire Size: Specifically designed in the 195/65R15 size.
- Warranty: Backed by an 80,000-mile limited mileage warranty, providing confidence in its long-term durability.
- 3D Full-Depth Sipes: Enhance snow traction and wear throughout the tire’s limited mileage warranty period.
- In-Groove Ridges: Contribute to improved dry and wet performance.
- QuietTrack™ Technology Package: Reflects Bridgestone’s commitment to a quiet and comfortable driving experience.
- Quiet and Comfortable Ride: Highlighted by many drivers as a key strength, making it ideal for long journeys.
- Performance in Various Conditions: Engineered for control in wet and snowy conditions.
- 80,000-Mile Warranty: Offers extended coverage, providing peace of mind for long-term use.
- Tread Life Concerns: Some people were disappointing about tread life, with one driver reported replacing the tires after 35,000 miles.
Conclusion: The Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack in the 195/65R15 size stands out as a solid touring tire option, delivering a quiet and comfortable ride with positive overall performance. While some users express tread life concerns and mixed opinions on rewards programs, the tire’s high overall rating and the 80,000-mile warranty make it a compelling choice for drivers seeking a balance of comfort and durability in their touring experience. As with any purchase, it’s advisable to consider individual driving needs.
Michelin Primacy MXV4
The Michelin Primacy MXV4 is an all-season radial car tire designed for luxury performance touring in the 215/55R17 94V size. offering a blend of comfort, control, and safety.
- Brand: MICHELIN
- Seasons: Year Round
- Size: 215/55R17 94V
- Load Capacity: 1477 Pounds
- Tread Depth: 9.5 32nds
- Tread Type: Non-Directional
- Rim Size: 17 Inches
- Speed Rating: V
Features and Benefits:
- Luxury Performance Touring: Crafted for a comfortable driving experience without compromising control, with precise handling and refined ride quality.
- Sunflower Oil Additive: Enables increased traction at low temperatures for enhanced braking and handling in wet conditions and improved overall performance in snow.
- Shorter Stopping Distance: Stops up to 29 feet shorter in wet and cold conditions compared to competitors, thanks to the sunflower oil additive in the tread compound.
- Low Noise Level: Meets the high standards of leading luxury car manufacturers by providing a quiet ride.
- Warranty: Backed by a 55,000 miles manufacturer’s treadwear limited warranty and a 6-year standard limited warranty.
- Performance: Commended for good wet braking, precise handling, refined ride quality, and all-season safety.
- Low Noise Level: Provides a quiet ride, meeting the expectations of luxury car owners.
- Shorter Stopping Distance: Sunflower oil additive contributes to improved braking performance in wet and cold conditions.
- Warranty Coverage: Comes with a 55,000-mile treadwear warranty and a 6-year standard limited warranty.
- Price: Positioned in the higher price range, impacting budget-conscious buyers.
- Treadwear Concerns: Potential variability based on driving conditions.
Conclusion: The Michelin Primacy MXV4 in the 215/55R17 94V size stands out as a premium choice for luxury performance touring. With a focus on comfort, control, and safety, it has garnered positive reviews for its overall performance. While the higher price point may be a consideration, the tire’s advanced features, shorter stopping distance, and warranty coverage make it a compelling option for those seeking a top-tier, all-season radial tire for their luxury vehicles. Buyers are encouraged to weigh the cost against the perceived benefits and individual driving needs.
Continental PureContact LS
The Continental PureContact LS is a luxury all-season touring tire designed for passenger cars and crossovers. This specific model is in size 235/40R19 with a load index of 96 and a speed rating of V.
- All-Season Performance: Tailored for dry, wet, and light snow conditions, providing versatile performance throughout the year.
- EcoPlus™ Technology: Engineered with EcoPlus™ Technology, offering fuel savings, shorter stopping distances on wet roads, and extended tread life.
- QuickView Indicator Technology: Allows drivers to visually monitor tire wear and know when it’s time for a replacement.
- Comfort Ride Technology: Reduces road noises and vibrations, ensuring a quiet and comfortable driving experience.
- 70,000 Mile Limited Manufacturer Tread Life: Backed by a substantial limited warranty, emphasizing durability and longevity.
- Size: 235/40R19 96V XL
- Season: All-season
- Load Index: 96
- Speed Rating: V
- Versatile Performance: Suited for various weather conditions, enhancing the tire’s year-round usability.
- Eco-Friendly: EcoPlus™ Technology promotes fuel efficiency, contributing to cost savings.
- Visual Wear Indicator: QuickView Indicator Technology aids drivers in monitoring tread wear, promoting timely replacements.
- Comfortable Ride: Comfort Ride Technology minimizes road noise and vibrations, ensuring a smooth and quiet driving experience.
- Long Tread Life: Backed by a substantial 70,000-mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty, emphasizing durability.
- Winter Performance: A negative review mentioned subpar performance in snow
Conclusion: The Continental PureContact LS All Season 235/40R19 96V XL Passenger Tire is a well-regarded choice for drivers seeking a luxury touring tire with all-season capabilities. Its versatile performance, coupled with EcoPlus™ Technology, makes it an eco-friendly and cost-effective option. The QuickView Indicator Technology adds a practical element for users to monitor tire wear, while Comfort Ride Technology ensures a pleasant driving experience. The substantial 70,000-mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty further solidifies the tire’s reputation for durability. However, potential buyers in regions with harsh winter conditions should consider additional winter tires based on feedback highlighting challenges in snowy conditions.
The Pirelli P4 Persist All Season Plus is a versatile tire designed for urban driving, suitable for coupes, sedans, and minivans. Engineered to provide exceptional mileage and fuel efficiency, it stands out as an all-season tire, ensuring performance in various weather conditions.
- Extended Tread Life: The P4 Persist AS Plus is designed for outstanding mileage, offering prolonged usage and even treadwear.
- Reinforced Shoulders: Enhanced stability through reinforced shoulders contributes to high mileage, even treadwear, and potential fuel savings.
- All-Season Performance: Tailored for year-round use, making it a reliable choice in different weather conditions.
- Season: All-season
- Vehicle Type: Coupes, Sedans, Minivans
- Sizes Available: 15″, 16″, 17″
- Exceptional Mileage: Engineered for extended tread life, making it a cost-effective choice for drivers seeking longevity from their tires.
- Stability: Reinforced shoulders enhance stability, contributing to even treadwear and potential fuel efficiency.
- Versatility: Designed for all-season use, providing reliable performance in various weather conditions.
- Performance Trade-offs: While it excels in mileage and stability, there may be some trade-offs in terms of ultra-high performance characteristics.
Conclusion: The Pirelli P4 Persist All Season Plus is a solid choice for drivers prioritizing extended tread life, stability, and all-season performance. Its design caters to urban driving, fitting well with coupes, sedans, and minivans. The reinforced shoulders not only promote even treadwear but also contribute to potential fuel savings. This tire is a suitable option for those seeking a balanced, reliable, and cost-effective solution for their everyday driving needs. As with any tire, it’s crucial for users to assess their specific driving requirements and preferences to ensure compatibility with their driving style and environmental conditions.
Key Considerations for the Best Quiet Tires For Honda Accord
If you are looking for the best quiet tires for your Honda Accord, you may want to consider the following factors:
The noise level of a tire is measured in decibels (dB) and indicates how loud the tire is when it rolls on the road. The lower the dB, the quieter the tire. You can check the noise rating of a tire on its label or on the manufacturer’s website. Generally, a noise level of 70 dB or less is considered quiet, while anything above 80 dB is considered noisy.
The tread design of a tire affects its noise level, as well as its traction, handling, and wear. A tread design that has more sipes, grooves, and blocks can reduce the noise by breaking up the sound waves and dispersing them. However, a tread design that is too complex or aggressive can also increase the noise by creating more friction and vibration. Therefore, you may want to look for a tread design that is balanced and optimized for noise reduction.
The rubber compound of a tire is the material that makes up the tread. The rubber compound affects the noise level, as well as the grip, durability, and fuel efficiency of the tire. A rubber compound that is softer and more flexible can reduce the noise by absorbing the shocks and dampening the sound. However, a rubber compound that is too soft can also wear out faster and reduce the performance of the tire. Therefore, you may want to look for a rubber compound that is resilient and long-lasting.
The tire size of a tire is the combination of its width, aspect ratio, and diameter. The tire size affects the noise level, as well as the comfort, stability, and speed of the tire. A tire size that is larger and wider can increase the noise by creating more contact area and air resistance. However, a tire size that is too small can also compromise the safety and handling of the tire. Therefore, you shoudl look for a tire size that is compatible with your vehicle and your driving style.
More for Quiet Tires:
Over all the best quiet tires for the Honda accord depend on your specific driving habits. But you should be able to get a good starting point from the guide provided above.
If you’re still confused about which tire is the best one for you, then you can consult your mechanic or any other tire expert.
Hi there! I’m Naomi O’Colman. I’ve got years of experience working at an auto repair shop here in Texas under my belt. On top of that, ever since I was a kid I’ve been passionate about the auto industry. Since I’ve joined the team at automotivegearz.com I’ve been enthusiastically sharing my passion and insights with my readers. I’m dedicated to delivering high quality content and helping you stay up to date with the latest automotive trends and products out there!