The Subaru Crosstrek is an SUV that looks and behaves more like a car in many ways. It has a comfortable and luxurious interior, and drives nice and smoothly on the road. Despite being somewhat like a car, it still has higher than average ground clearance which gives it pretty good off-road ability too.
With a luxurious vehicle like the Subaru Crosstrek you get a comfortable and smooth ride right from the get go. But to make it even more comfortable on a longer journey you might want to use some tires that reduce the road noise. We’ve put together this article on the quietest tires for Subaru Crosstrek vehicles in order to help those of you that prioritize minimizing road noise.
Table of Contents
Quietest Tires for Subaru Crosstrek
Continental TrueContact Tour
The Continental TrueContact Tour is a durable all-season touring tire designed for passenger cars and crossovers. Offering a harmonious blend of performance and extended tread life, this tire incorporates EcoPlus Technology, delivering fuel efficiency, improved wet braking performance, and long-lasting tread life. With exceptional tread life, optimal traction in light snow, and low road noise, the TrueContact Tour caters to drivers seeking a reliable and well-rounded tire.
- Exceptional Tread Life: The tire is engineered for long-lasting performance, providing drivers with extended durability and value for their investment.
- Excellent Wet Braking and Handling: EcoPlus Technology enhances wet braking performance, contributing to increased safety on wet roads while maintaining responsive handling.
- Optimal Traction in Light Snow: The tire offers reliable traction in light snow conditions, making it suitable for a variety of weather scenarios.
- Low Road Noise: Designed to provide a quiet and comfortable driving experience by minimizing road noise, contributing to a more enjoyable ride.
- Available in Whitewall (WW) and Black Sidewall (BSW): The TrueContact Tour offers customization options with a choice between classic Whitewall and standard Black Sidewall designs.
- Tread Life: The TrueContact Tour delivers on its promise of exceptional tread life.
- Versatile Traction: The tire’s ability to provide optimal traction in varied weather situations.
- Quiet: The tire is very quiet on the road.
- Limited Off-Road Capability: As a touring tire, the TrueContact Tour ins’t the best for off-road adventures.
Conclusion: The Continental TrueContact Tour stands out as a reliable choice for drivers seeking a long-lasting, all-season touring tire. With a focus on tread life, wet braking performance, and versatile traction, it caters to those who prioritize safety, comfort, and durability. You should consider that it has some limitations in extreme winter conditions and off-road scenarios, but the overall positive feedback and comprehensive warranty make it a great option overall. The TrueContact Tour is a strong contender for drivers looking for a dependable, quiet, and well-balanced tire for everyday use.
The MICHELIN CrossClimate2 is an innovative tire designed for exceptional performance in a diverse range of climate conditions. Engineered with a focus on longevity and safety, this tire offers proven all-season capabilities, boasting excellent wet and dry braking along with an extended tread life of up to 15,000 miles longer than its competitors. Whether on wet or dry surfaces, the CrossClimate2 delivers confidence, making it a reliable choice for drivers seeking reliability and smooth performance.
- Proven All-Season Performance: The CrossClimate2 is designed to excel in every season, showcasing outstanding wet and dry braking performance, ensuring driver confidence in various weather conditions.
- Extended Tread Life: Outlasting competitors by up to 15,000 miles, delivering durability and performance over an extended period.
- Stopping Power: The tire stops shorter than than competitor brands tires, in wet and dry conditions.
- Confidence For All Climates: With reliable performance in diverse climates, the CrossClimate2 ensures that drivers can trust their tires, whether on dry or wet pavement.
- 60,000 Miles Manufacturer’s Treadwear Limited Warranty: Backed by a comprehensive warranty, the CrossClimate2 offers peace of mind.
- Wet and Dry Braking: The tire outperforms leading competitors in wet and dry braking tests
- Versatile All-Season Performance: The CrossClimate2 excels in all seasons, making it a good all rounder.
- Quiet: The tire is quiet and smooth on the road, providing a comfortable ride.
- Warranty Exceptions: Mileage warranty coverage may vary for certain fitments, such as split fitments and Zero Pressure (ZP) tires.
Conclusion: The MICHELIN CrossClimate2 Tire stands out as a reliable and durable choice for drivers prioritizing safety, longevity, and versatile all-season performance. With impressive wet and dry braking capabilities, extended tread life, and the backing of a solid warranty, the CrossClimate2 caters to those seeking a well-rounded tire for various driving conditions. Its overall positive features make it a great option for drivers looking for a balanced and high-performing tire that doesn’t make too much noise.
Vredestein Quatrac Pro
The Vredestein QUATRAC PRO is a groundbreaking all-season tire, uniquely tailored for the Ultra High Performance (UHP) segment. With an exclusive design by Italdesign Giugiaro, this tire offers exceptional performance for powerful cars and SUVs. Boasting a total of 53 available sizes, the QUATRAC PRO stands out in the all-weather tire category, emphasizing short braking distances, superb handling on wet roads, and a focus on safety in unexpected winter conditions.
- Short Braking Distance: short braking distances for enhanced safety.
- Great Safety, Even in Winter: 5% improvement in snow handling, the tire provides reliable performance in winter conditions.
- Tailor-Made for Powerful Cars and SUVs: The tire’s construction and material design are performance-oriented, catering specifically to powerful vehicles, delivering a balance of control and responsiveness.
- Outstanding Wet Performance: The tire excels in wet conditions, providing superior grip and handling, contributing to enhanced safety.
- Performance-Oriented Design: The tire’s construction and material design prioritize performance, responsiveness, and control.
- Wide Range of Sizes: With 53 available sizes, the QUATRAC PRO caters to a diverse range of vehicles including the Subaru Crosstrek.
- Quiet: The tire is designed to operate smoothly without producing excessive noise.
- Limited Winter Performance: Light winter conditions are fine, but drivers in regions with severe winter weather might want to consider dedicated winter tires.
Conclusion: The Vredestein QUATRAC PRO All-Weather Tire stands out as an excellent choice for drivers of powerful cars and SUVs seeking a versatile and high-performance tire. With a focus on wet grip, improved snow handling, and a performance-oriented design, it offers a well-rounded package. The QUATRAC PRO provides a compelling option for drivers prioritizing safety, comfrt, and performance in diverse weather conditions.
The MICHELIN Defender2 is a testament to Michelin’s commitment to long-lasting performance, designed to cater to the evolving needs of modern vehicles. The tire features ultimate tread life, making it an ideal choice for families with passenger cars, SUVs and CUVs. Backed by the Michelin Promise Plan, it offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, roadside assistance, and an impressive 80,000-mile warranty. Overall another good quiet tire for your Subaru Crosstrek.
- Durability: The MICHELIN Defender2 is engineered to be Michelin’s longest-lasting tire, delivering extended tread life.
- All-Season Safety: The tire provides confidence in wet or dry conditions.
- Quiet & Comfortable Ride: Designed for smooth, even wear, the MICHELIN Defender2 ensures a quiet and comfortable driving experience throughout its lifespan.
- Extended Tread Life: Outlasting three leading competitive tires by over 25,000 miles, the MICHELIN Defender2 offers approximately 2 extra years of tread life, providing exceptional longevity.
- All-Season Performance: Whether in wet or dry conditions, the tire delivers confident and reliable performance, ensuring safety and control for drivers in various weather situations.
- Quiet: The MICHELIN Defender2 prioritizes driver comfort, making every mile as quiet and comfortable as the first.
- Not Ideal for Severe Winter Conditions: Great for all-season use, but drivers in regions with harsh winter climates might need to consider dedicated winter tires for optimal traction in snow and ice.
Conclusion: The MICHELIN Defender2 stands as an excellent choice for drivers prioritizing durability and extended tread life. Its all-season performance, coupled with a focus on a comfortable and quiet ride, makes it a compelling option for families and daily commuters. The comprehensive warranty adds to its appeal, providing assurance of Michelin’s confidence in the tire’s longevity. However, it isn’t the best fit for severe winter conditions and extreme high-speed driving, regardless the MICHELIN Defender2 offers a well-balanced package for drivers seeking reliability and longevity in their tires.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size tires are on a Subaru Crosstrek?
The tire size for a Subaru Crosstrek can vary depending on the specific model. Generally, the standard tire size for a Subaru Crosstrek is around 225/60R17.
What should the tire pressure of a Subaru Crosstrek be?
The recommended tire pressure for a Subaru Crosstrek varies based on the model year and the type of tires installed. Typically, the recommended tire pressure for a Subaru Crosstrek is around 32 PSI. However, it’s always best to refer to the owner’s manual or the sticker located on the driver’s side door jamb for the precise tire pressure recommendation for your specific model.
How long should tires last on a Subaru Crosstrek?
The longevity of tires on a Subaru Crosstrek can depend on various factors such as driving habits, road conditions, maintenance, tire quality, and more. On average, tires for a Subaru Crosstrek can last anywhere between 40,000 to 60,000 miles under normal driving conditions. Regular maintenance, proper tire inflation, alignment checks, and rotations can extend the lifespan of the tires.
However, it’s important to inspect tires regularly for wear and tear and replace them when the tread depth reaches a minimum safe level or if there’s visible damage. Worn tires also contribute to a noisier ride.
Quietest Tires for Subaru Crosstrek – In Conclusion
The Subaru Crosstrek is one of the most reliable and comfortable vehicles around. Paired with a good set of quiet tires it can offer you the smoothest ride possible.
The information provided to you in this article should equip you with everything you need in order to find tires that are the most suitable to your specific needs. For any further information before making a buying decision you should consult with your mechanic.
Hi there! I’m Naomi O’Colman. I’ve got years of experience working at an auto repair shop here in Texas under my belt. On top of that, ever since I was a kid I’ve been passionate about the auto industry. Since I’ve joined the team at automotivegearz.com I’ve been enthusiastically sharing my passion and insights with my readers. I’m dedicated to delivering high quality content and helping you stay up to date with the latest automotive trends and products out there!