If reducing the noise of the tires on your Subaru Outback is of high importance to you, then you probably want to use some tires that are specifically good at providing a quiet and smooth ride. If that’s the case then read on!
Here in this article we’re going over some of the quietest tires for Subaru Outback owners to put on their vehicle in order to keep things quiet and comfortable on the road.
A lot of Outback owners find the OEM tires to be on the noisy side of things, and therefor are keen to find some new tires. The tires below are carefully picked to ensure that they’re good options for reducing noise, but also that they’re good in all other regards such as performance and longevity.
Table of Contents
Quietest Tires for Subaru Outback
1. Vredestein Hitrac All Season
The Vredestein Hitrac All Season 225/60R16 98V AS A/S tire is designed for passenger vehicles and SUVs, providing a balance of all-weather traction, comfort, and control while being very quiet. Here’s a summary of its features, pros, and cons:
- All-Weather Traction: The tire offers exceptional performance in wet, dry, and winter conditions, thanks to its advanced tread design and siping details.
- Controllability: Enhanced controllability is achieved through a special tread design that maintains constant road contact. This results in stable performance against driving pressure, ensuring precise steering responsiveness.
- Hydroplaning Resistance: The four wide circumferential grooves effectively disperse water and slush, preventing hydroplaning and enhancing overall safety.
- Comfortable Driving Experience: The optimized tread design closely follows the road surface, reducing road noise levels in the vehicle’s cabin. Variable pitch sequencing further minimizes noise for a quiet and comfortable ride.
- Long Tread Life: Backed by a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty, the tire is designed for durability and longevity.
- Excellent all-weather traction for diverse driving conditions.
- Responsive steering
- Effective hydroplaning resistance for improved safety.
- Very low noise
- durable and comes with a 70,000-mile warranty.
- A bit pricey
2. Michelin CrossClimate2
The MICHELIN CrossClimate 2 Car Tire is engineered for optimal performance in diverse climate conditions, offering good performance and durability with minimal noise. Below is a summary of the key features, advantages, and other features that make it a good quiet tire for your Subaru Outback.
- All-Season Performance: The CrossClimate 2 is designed to excel in all seasons, providing confidence and safety in various weather conditions, including wet and dry surfaces.
- Braking Ability: The tire has excellent wet and dry braking capabilities, stopping shorter than four leading competitive tires in both wet and dry conditions. This enhances overall safety and control for the driver.
- Extended Tread Life: Outlasting competitors by up to 15,000 miles in treadwear tests, the CrossClimate 2 offers good value because of how durable the tire is.
- Performance when Worn: Even as the tire wears down, it maintains impressive performance. When near the end of tread life, the CrossClimate 2 outperforms leading competitive tires by a wide margin.
- Michelin Promise Plan: Backed by the Michelin Promise Plan, the tire comes with a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, roadside assistance, and a 60,000-mile warranty.
- Limited Sizes: While the CrossClimate 2 is available in 93 sizes, the availability might vary depending on specific requirements, so make sure you check the size you need is available.
- Price Point: Michelin tires are more expensive than most other brands. However, the extended tread life makes this extra cost ultimately save you money after some time.
- Electric Vehicles: They’re apparently “EV ready”, but aren’t suitable for all EVs.
In summary, the MICHELIN CrossClimate 2 Car Tire combines all-season performance with impressive braking capabilities and extended tread life. The tire’s overall features make it a compelling choice for drivers seeking a reliable and durable solution across diverse driving conditions all while remaining comfortable and quiet.
3. Bridgestone WeatherPeak
The WeatherPeak tire represents the next evolution in all-season tire technology. Engineered for superior performance in wet and dry conditions, this tire ensures a smooth, quiet ride throughout the year. It is 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake Certified, providing improved winter braking power and stopping 30 feet shorter than competitors, as per internal testing against the MICHELIN Primacy Tour A/S.
- Wet Performance: The tire excels in wet conditions, providing excellent grip and driving control.
- Longevity: With a Limited Mileage Warranty of 70,000 miles, the WeatherPeak is designed for long-lasting performance.
- Light Snow: The 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake Certification indicates reliable performance in light snow, adding an extra layer of confidence for winter driving.
- Excellent All-Around Tire: The WeatherPeak provides a smooth and quiet ride, great performance in the rain, and overall excellence.
- Good Traction and Comfort: The tire has excellent traction, durability, and comfort, ensuring luxurious and smooth driving.
- Winter Performance: People in snowy conditions, such as Minnesota, have no trouble with handling or performance in blizzards and icy conditions.
- Cost: One potential drawback for budget-conscious buyers is the price of these tires. The 70,000 mile warranty may in the long run alleviate the issue of the price.
- Limited Size Availability: Availability in specific sizes might be a consideration for some of you, so be sure to check compatibility before buying.
The Bridgestone WeatherPeak tire stands out as a reliable and versatile choice for drivers seeking a well-rounded, all-season tire that is quiet on the road. With its emphasis on wet performance, wear life, and light snow capability, it caters to a wide range of driving conditions.
4. Vredestein Wintrac Pro – Quietest Winter Tire
The Vredestein Wintrac Pro is a high-performance winter tire designed for powerful cars where handling is very important. the tire delivers exceptional performance in challenging winter conditions. With a focus on grip, control, and safety, this tire is engineered to excel in snow, wet, and icy environments.
- Grip While Cornering: Sharp-angled center grooves and shoulder sipes optimize snow handling, providing excellent grip during cornering maneuvers.
- Short Stopping Distance on Wet Roads: The long, oval-shaped footprint enhances water evacuation from the tread, improving wet performance without adding extra noise, and ensuring a shorter stopping distance on wet roads.
- Great Control: The tire’s compound includes resin combined with a high silica content, enhancing handling and braking on wet, snowy, and icy surfaces even when you’re traveling very fast.
- Excellent winter performance, especially suitable for powerful high performance cars.
- Sharp grooves and sipes for enhanced snow handling and cornering grip.
- Long, oval-shaped footprint improves wet performance and reduces stopping distances.
- High-speed stability and control with a specialized tread compound.
- Longevity not as good as others on this list
- Specific speed ratings vary across tire sizes.
The Vredestein Wintrac Pro is an ideal choice for drivers seeking a winter tire that prioritizes performance, control, and safety, making it a reliable companion for the most challenging winter driving conditions.
5. Continental CrossContact LX25
The Continental CrossContact LX25 is a premium all-season touring tire designed specifically for crossovers and SUVs. This tire boasts features such as EcoPlus Technology, providing a balance of performance, fuel efficiency, and extended tread life, all while being very quiet on the road.
- EcoPlus™ Technology: Designed for fuel savings, the EcoPlus Technology helps your vehicle to be more fuel efficient.
- Tread Life: Internal tread life tests show the LX25 outperforms competitors like Michelin Premier LTX, and Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus.
- Wet Braking: The LX25 helps with stopping distances on wet roads, thereby increasing safety.
- Low Road Noise: Designed for a quiet and smooth ride, the tire minimizes road noise, contributing to a comfortable driving experience.
- Responsive Handling: The tire provides responsive handling, enhancing the overall driving experience.
- Multiple style options: You can choose between a stylish Outlined White Letter design or a classic Black Sidewall design.
- Best For: Crossover, Light Truck/SUV, Electric Vehicles, Touring, All-Season
- Technology: EcoPlus, QuickView Indicators
- Warranty: Up To 70K Limited Warranty, 60 Day Trial, 3 Year Roadside Assistance
- Fuel-efficient design
- Best-in-class tread life for extended durability.
- Improved wet braking performance.
- Very Quiet.
- Good Handling.
- Not the cheapest tire out there, but you get what you pay for.
The Continental CrossContact LX25 stands out as a reliable choice for anyone seeking a premium, all-season touring tire that prioritizes fuel efficiency, tread life, and overall smoothness.
Why Choose Quiet Tires for Your Subaru Outback
Choosing quiet tires for your Subaru Outback can enhance your driving experience by reducing road noise and creating a more comfortable and relaxing environment. Here are some compelling reasons to consider quiet tires for your Outback:
- Reduced Road Noise: Quiet tires feature innovative designs and materials that minimize the transmission of road noise into the cabin. This can make a noticeable difference, especially on highways and rough roads, where the constant hum of tire noise can be distracting and fatiguing.
- Improved Passenger Comfort: By reducing road noise, quiet tires contribute to a more pleasant and comfortable ride for all passengers. This is particularly beneficial for long-distance trips or for those who are sensitive to noise.
- Enhanced Audio Quality: Reducing road noise also allows you to better enjoy your car’s audio system. With less background noise, you can appreciate the nuances of your music or podcasts without having to crank up the volume.
- Reduced Stress Levels: Excessive road noise can be a source of stress and fatigue, especially for drivers who spend a lot of time behind the wheel. Quiet tires can help to create a calmer and more relaxing driving experience, reducing stress levels and improving overall well-being.
- Increased Focus and Concentration: By minimizing distractions from road noise, quiet tires can help you maintain focus and concentration while driving. This can lead to safer driving habits and a reduced risk of accidents.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, quiet tires can also contribute to better fuel economy. Quieter tires have a lower rolling resistance, which means they require less energy to roll, translating into improved fuel efficiency.
More Quiet Tires:
The list above provides plenty of good options for anyone wanting a smoother and quieter ride in their Subaru Outback.
Any one of these options will be a big upgrade from the OEM tires in terms of quietness and comfort, but to make sure that it fulfills all the other requirements that you may have, you should check out the detailed specs listed below the tires above.
Overall investing in quiet tires is something you likely won’t regret, you can’t fully grasp the difference between the OEM tires and a good pair of quiet tires until you’ve made the change yourself.
Hi there! I’m Naomi O’Colman. I’ve got years of experience working at an auto repair shop here in Texas under my belt. On top of that, ever since I was a kid I’ve been passionate about the auto industry. Since I’ve joined the team at automotivegearz.com I’ve been enthusiastically sharing my passion and insights with my readers. I’m dedicated to delivering high quality content and helping you stay up to date with the latest automotive trends and products out there!