Picking the quietest tires for Subaru Forester vehicles can be pretty difficult. The Subaru Forester is a small SUV with above average ground clearance, all wheel drive, and a capable 2.5 liter engine. The Forester is a modern and comfortable car, that feels nice and smooth to drive.
But with a good pair of quiet tires you can make your Subaru Forester perform even more smoothly, so that driving it on the road becomes exceptionally comfortable and noise free. You still need to consider the performance of the tires that you choose, especially if you’re interested in off-road performance.
In this guide we aim to help you find quiet tires for your Forester that still perform well in all the ways that you require, whatever kind of driving it is that you do.
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks: Quietest Tires for Subaru Forester
Goodyear Assurance Weatherready
The Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady tires are designed to provide confidence in various driving conditions, making them an ideal choice for commuters seeking reliability and performance. Boasting a 60,000-mile warranty, these all-season tires are equipped with features that enhance traction, wear resistance, and adaptability to changing weather.
- Asymmetric Tread Pattern: The tire features an asymmetric tread pattern with sweeping traction grooves, promoting excellent wet traction by efficiently evacuating water during rainy conditions.
- Evolving Traction Grooves: As the tire wears, Evolving Traction Grooves transition from deep grooves to wide grooves, aiding in water displacement on the road and maintaining traction over the life of the tire.
- Weather Reactive Technology: This technology combines Evolving Traction Grooves with Tredlock Technology, allowing the tread to lock together during cornering and open for more biting edges when enhanced wet traction is needed.
- Soybean Oil Compound: The rubber compound includes soybean oil to keep the tread pliable and improve grip on the road in cold temperatures, enhancing confidence in winter driving.
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake Designation: With a designation for severe snow conditions, these tires exhibit a high level of performance in wet, snow, and icy conditions.
- All-Season Versatility: Suited for a full range of weather conditions, from rain to snow, these tires offer year-round confidence and performance.
- Evolving Traction Grooves: The evolving grooves contribute to maintaining traction as the tire wears, providing consistent performance over an extended period.
- Soybean Oil Compound: The inclusion of soybean oil enhances cold-weather performance, making these tires suitable for winter driving.
- Noise Reduction: Thanks to Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady special technology the tires are very quiet on the road, producing minimal noise.
- High Rolling Friction: Some Drivers have reported a decrease in fuel efficiency, potentially attributed to higher rolling friction with these tires.
- Hydroplaning Concerns: Some people have expressed concerns about hydroplaning on wet roads.
Conclusion: The Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady tires stand out as a reliable choice for commuters seeking a tire that performs well in various weather conditions, while providing a smooth and comfortable ride. With a focus on wet traction, evolving tread design, and cold-weather adaptability, these tires offer a balanced package. While some drivers have reported issues like high rolling friction and hydroplaning, most praise the tires for their long-lasting performance and versatility. The inclusion of warranties makes the Assurance WeatherReady a solid option for drivers prioritizing quietness, safety and performance
Vredestein Quatrac Pro
The Vredestein Quatrac Pro is the first all-season tire designed exclusively for the Ultra High-Performance (UHP) segment, delivering unique performances in the all-weather category. Crafted in collaboration with Italdesign Giugiaro, these tires are tailored for powerful cars and SUVs, offering a blend of impressive features and capabilities.
- Short Braking Distance even on Wet Roads: Achieves fantastic wet grip, enhancing safety and control in wet conditions.
- Great Safety, Even When Winter Surprises You: Large improvement in snow handling, providing confidence in unpredictable winter weather.
- Tailor-Made for Powerful Cars and SUVs: Performance-oriented construction and material design cater to the demands of powerful vehicles, ensuring optimal handling and responsiveness.
- All-Weather Performance: The Quatrac Pro offers a balance of performance in different weather conditions, making it suitable for drivers who want a single set of tires for the entire year.
- Wet Grip Improvement: The tire’s ability to provide excellent wet grip enhances safety during wet road conditions.
- Snow Handling: Huge improvements in snow handling compared to other tires, the Quatrac Pro ensures stability and control in winter driving scenarios.
- Performance Construction: Tailored for powerful cars and SUVs, the tire’s construction and material design focus on delivering high performance.
- Smooth Operation: The tires are specifically made to be reasonably quite and smooth thanks to the tread pattern.
- Price: More expensive than some of the other similar options.
Conclusion: The Vredestein Quatrac Pro stands out as a pioneering tire in the all-season UHP segment, offering a compelling combination of wet grip, snow handling, and smooth performance tailored for powerful vehicles like the Subaru Forester. For drivers seeking a high-performance, all-weather tire with a focus on wet and snowy conditions, the Quatrac Pro proves to be a noteworthy choice of quiet tire for your Subaru.
Continental Crosscontact Lx25
The CrossContact LX25 by Continental is a premium all-season touring tire meticulously designed for crossovers and SUVs. Crafted to deliver year-round traction, this tire boasts the incorporation of EcoPlus Technology, ensuring a blend of high performance and eco-friendliness. Here’s a comprehensive overview:
- Best-in-Class Tread Life: Internal treadlife tests, when compared to competitors like Michelin Premier LTX, show superior tread life.
- Improved Wet Braking: The CrossContact LX25 outperforms its predecessor, the LX20, particularly in wet conditions, providing shorter stopping distances.
- Low Road Noise: Engineered for a quiet and comfortable ride, this tire minimizes road noise, enhancing the overall driving experience.
- Responsive Handling: The tire is designed to provide responsive handling, contributing to a confident and controlled driving experience.
- Technology: EcoPlus, QuickView Indicators
- Sizes: Various sizes available, Including options fit for the Forester.
- Excellent tread life compared to competitors.
- Improved wet braking performance.
- Low road noise for a comfortable ride.
- Responsive handling enhances driving confidence.
- Quiet and smooth on the road.
Conclusion: The Continental CrossContact LX25 stands out as a top-tier choice for drivers seeking a balance of performance and longevity. With its impressive tread life, enhanced wet braking, and overall comfort, this tire caters to a diverse range of driving conditions. The comprehensive warranty and positive consumer feedback underscore its reliability, making it a strong contender in the premium all-season touring tire category.
Frequently Asked Questions
What tires come standard on the Subaru Forester?
The specific tires that come standard on a Subaru Forester can vary based on the trim level and model year. Most Subaru Forester models come equipped with all-season tires designed to provide a balance of performance in various weather conditions. These tires often have good traction, durability, and efficiency for day-to-day driving. However, these tires often aren’t chosen specifically for their quietness.
Do you have to replace all 4 tires on a Subaru Forester?
It’s generally recommended to replace all four tires on a Subaru Forester if you’re experiencing tire wear or damage. This helps maintain balanced handling, traction, and safety features like the vehicle’s all-wheel-drive system. However, if the tires are relatively new and one tire gets damaged,
it might be acceptable to replace only the damaged tire as long as the other three tires have substantial tread depth and are in good condition. It’s always advisable to consult the owner’s manual or a certified technician for specific guidance based on your vehicle’s condition and needs. It’s also worth keeping in mind that having one tire with more tread depth than the others will increase road noise.
The Subaru Forester is a fantastic SUV offering excellent on and off road performance. Thanks to its high ground clearance and all wheel drive capability it is a great all rounder. Whatever it is you choose to use your forester for you can always make it drive a little more smoothly by putting on some quieter tires.
After reading through the list and guide above, you should have a good understanding of what things you need to consider in order to find a quiet tire that’s suitable for your Forester.
Hi there! I’m Naomi O’Colman. I’ve got years of experience working at an auto repair shop here in Texas under my belt. On top of that, ever since I was a kid I’ve been passionate about the auto industry. Since I’ve joined the team at automotivegearz.com I’ve been enthusiastically sharing my passion and insights with my readers. I’m dedicated to delivering high quality content and helping you stay up to date with the latest automotive trends and products out there!