This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
How to remove sticker from car windshield? Sticker residue is a common occurrence. If you have ever removed a sticker from your car, you know that the process can be daunting and frustrating. It takes time and patience to remove all of the adhesive that remains on the glass after removing the sticker. The following article will show you how to remove stickers from your car windshield.
How to Remove Sticker From Car Windshield
#1 Soapy Water
Start by pulling the sticker diagonally so that you can remove most of it. As you pull, tear the paper from the back of the sticker as well as any torn portion if there is one and then scrub off any adhesive residue left.
One of the most basic ways to remove this sticker from your car windshield is to use soapy water. The easiest way to remove a sticker from your car windshield is by diluting it with water.
- Step 1: Fill a bucket with warm water and dish soap or detergent.
- Step 2: Soak the adhesive using a rag. The adhesive should start to absorb the moisture and soften over time. Do this frequently until all of the adhesive is soaked – this may occur in multiple steps.
- Step 3: When the adhesive has been soaked, remove it with your fingers or a plastic scraper or with the rag.
- Step 4: Clean adhesive with water and dry the area after patting it thoroughly clean.
#2 Window Cleaning Detergent
In the event that you are unable to peel the sticker off, it can be helpful to use a window cleaning detergent.
- Step 1: Spray some window cleaner over the spot of the sticker and leave it on until it’s soaked through.
- Step 2: If the sticker has become wet or it is coming off when you push on it, then you’ve found success!
- Step 3: The sticker will become soft enough for you to scrape it off without harming your windshield.
- Step 4: Clean the windshield with a paper towel.
#3 Rubbing Alcohol
One solution for removing a sticker from a car’s windshield is to use rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol.
- Step 1: Use rubbing alcohol and a dry paper towel.
- Step 2: Position the towel over the sticker and press down firmly. (The sticker will start to become soft and wrinkled.).
- Step 3: Take the sticker off by using a plastic scraper or card to gently scrape it out.
For any remaining residue, a paper towel soaked in alcohol should be able to remove it again.
#4 Baking Soda
To remove a sticker from a car window, spread baking soda on the adhesive to start dissolving the glue. Baking soda is safe as it’s been shown to have no negative effects on cars or humans.
- Step 1: Mix one cup of baking soda with half a cup of cooking oil. Apply a solution to the sticker. You’ll need to wait for them to break down so they can be scraped off.
- Step 2: Peeling it off at the edges with a plastic card or scraper. If those don’t work, use your fingers to firmly but gently pull and peel until you can remove the entire sticker.
It should be noted that baking soda should not be used if the windshield has a tint, since it will damage the film.
#5 Adhesive Cleaner
The quickest way to get rid of sticker residue on a car windshield is using an adhesive cleaner. These products take only minutes to soften the sticker so that it washes off easily with water or alcohol.
- Step 1: Remove stickers from the glass of your car by spraying a solution over the top and waiting a few minutes to allow it to absorb.
- Step 2: The windshield sticker might be removed with the help of a scraper and then soaking it.
- Step 3: When you peel off the sticker, it’s best to clean the area with a cloth or window cleaner.
#6 Hot Water
- Step 1: Pour a bottle or container of hot water and add a few drops of liquid soap. Mix it so that the liquid is fully mixed in with the soap.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture onto the sticker.
- Step 3: Let it soak for awhile before you continue to peel off more of the sticker slowly or vigorously.
Removing stickers from your car’s glass typically requires extra caution in order to preserve the health of the windshield.
The windshield is an important part of the car, you should remove everything that obstructs the view or makes people uncomfortable. The above tips will hopefully help you in removing stickers or decals on your windshield. Please share the tips above to family and friends!