This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
If you’re looking for the best winter wiper blades for your car, you’re in the right place. This article is meant to find you and give the best options out there to you!
The wipers are not the most glamorous part of a car. You will hardly hear anyone saying they have just bought the best winter wiper blades on the market. However, they are one of the essential parts of the machine.
- Top 7 Best Silicone Wiper Blades: PIAA, Bosch or Aero (2020 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Rooftop Tents For 4Runner, Tacoma, Subaru Outback, Jeep & Other Trucks (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Bike Racks For SUV & Trucks: Thule, Saris or Allen Sport (2020 Reviews)
They perform an essential safety function that cannot be taken for granted. It guarantees clear visibility in adverse weather such as rain, fog, and snow. When you notice that your wipers are not working efficiently, it’s time to replace them.
Below, we introduce you to the five best winter wiper blades.
- Top 5 Best Winter Wiper Blades For Your Car 2020
- #1 Best Overall: Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency Wiper Blade
- #2 Best for Silent Cleaning: Bosch Automotive ICON Wiper Blades
- #3 Best for High Flexibility: MOTIUM Windshield Wiper Blades
- #4 Best for Aerodynamic Design: Bosch Aerotwin Wiper Blade
- #5 Best for Quick Replacement: Trico Heavy-Duty Wiper Blades
- Types of Wiper Blades
- How To Choose The Best Winter Wiper Blades
- Final Words
- Bonus: Windscreen Wiper Blade Installation
- Latest Winter Wiper Blades Bestselling on Amazon
Top 5 Best Winter Wiper Blades For Your Car 2020
#1 Best Overall: Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency Wiper Blade
There are two front wipers in the pack of Rain-X Wiper Blade suitable for all weather and climatic conditions. Thanks to their aerodynamic design, they guarantee high performance even at high speeds.
It is a sturdy front flat blade brush for the driver’s side. They supply complete with 3C + 3C-B / 3H-19 adapters; 3F / 3B-2 / 3A. And you can mount it on some Fiat, Renault, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo and Alfa Romeo vehicles.
The flat and elegant spring strip replaces the usual connecting rods and blade pins of conventional wipers. It has a seamless shape with a spoiler that provides uniform contact pressure over the blade’s entire length. The high-quality rubber has a soft texture, which guarantees a remarkable silence.
- The Rain-X Latitude Water...
- More Than Just a Wiper Blade!...
- 2017 Product of the Year Winner -...
- Available for all-weather
- Seamless shape for pressure control
- Non-vibrance and smooth performance
- Easy to install and dismantle
- There are some spare plastic pieces on the blade
#2 Best for Silent Cleaning: Bosch Automotive ICON Wiper Blades
The Bosch ICON Wiper Blades offer the most silent sound when operating thanks to their design solution. The product’s assembly is quick and easy, even with no instructions.
To engage, press sideways. Then the structure opens and pushes the blade into the wiper attachment. It is an original standard model, perfectly integrated, and easy to install. The brush offers a maximum contact field, thus providing a complete cleaning.
- Bosch ICON makes windshield wiper...
- Exclusive fx dual rubber resists...
- Easy installation with original...
- Flexible design
- Quick and easy assembly
- Uniform cleaning for optimal results
- Suitable for all kinds of weather
- Only compatible with a certain amount of car models
#3 Best for High Flexibility: MOTIUM Windshield Wiper Blades
MOTIUM Wiper Blades are the pair of front wiper blades for Alfa Romeo Giulietta (from 04 to 10 onwards). The brush for the driver’s side measures 580mm while the passenger side has a length of 450mm.
They make the product of rubber. And their supply is complete with various attachments for mounting. Overall, the set of blades is very flexible as it guarantees optimal visibility in all weather.
- Fit for J hook wiper arm. 1 Year...
- Solid quality at a low price.
- Award-winning bracketless beam...
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty
- High-quality rubber material
- Can resist with fresh attacks and pressures
- Low price
- Low durability and easy to bent
#4 Best for Aerodynamic Design: Bosch Aerotwin Wiper Blade
The package of Bosch Aerotwin Wiper Blades includes two brushes of 650/380 mm, with fixing type MA2.2. The product is also reliable at high speeds in any weather condition. It offers optimal visibility by the aerodynamic design for all car models.
The custom-made elastic guides ensure a high-quality wiping action over the entire surface. The operation is tranquil on wet and partially dry conditions for all windshields. Each brush comes with a pre-assembled adapter.
- Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades are...
- Blended dual rubber compound with...
- Dual precision-tensioned steel...
- Uniform wiping for optimal results
- Smooth operating
- Comes with a pre-assembled adapter
- Durable and compact
- Does not fit with some car models
#5 Best for Quick Replacement: Trico Heavy-Duty Wiper Blades
The Trico Wiper Blades allow you to switch from a regular wiper blade to premium blade wiper technology at a reasonable price. The Swift Connection offers a quick and easy wipe replacement.
Besides, the Memory Curve Steel radius provides even pressure for clearer cleaning. They test the brush to perform over 1.5 million cycles. Overall, the product is ideal for all seasons, with its length of 650mm.
- Important: Search for vehicle year,...
- Before Purchasing, visit:...
- 32" / 12x4 Hook Attachment / Black...
- Can handle all uniform pressures
- Suitable for all seasons
- Contains advanced technologies
- Premium materials
Types of Wiper Blades
We can group the wiper blades that you find on the market into four types. Let’s see what they are!
1. Conventional Blade
They are the traditional ones in the shape of a bow. They comprise a rubber blade mounted on a metal frame. This metal frame supports the rubber blade at every point where the brush touches the windshield.
- Top 9 Best Trailer Hitches For Honda Pilot, Campers, Subaru Outback & Travel Trailers (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Jeep Soft Tops For Jeep Wrangler JK, TJ, JL & YJ (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Fender Flares For Chevy Silverado, F150, F250, Tundra, Tacoma & Jeep (2020 Reviews)
It is a spring-tensioned product. And we can replace the rubber above the frame instead of changing the entire wipe unit. It is the most used blade and usually the lowest-priced option available.
2. Flat Blade
It composes them of a single piece of rubber with a steel spring inside. Among many advantages, it offers an even pressure on the windshield.
Some of them also have double wiped rubber or silicone. We often choose the flat blade wiper for its design, which is slightly more attractive than the conventional type.
3. Winter Blade
As the name suggests, this blade is specially made to deal with the harsh climatic conditions and low temperatures of the year’s coldest months. The design of the winter wiper is like the conventional one.
It features a kind of protective rubber coating. They design to keep ice and snow off the wiper blade. Also, it has a long life because of its more robust structure.
They are not the most attractive from an aesthetic point of view, and they are not exceptionally aerodynamic either. But if the winter in your area is harsh, they are a must-have item.
4. Hybrid Blade
In case you live in an area subject to some snowfall in winter, you find that the hybrid type brush is the perfect solution. It is because they make such wipers from a solid piece of rubber and therefore are great for preventing snow and ice build-up. They can maintain their flexibility even at high temperatures.
How To Choose The Best Winter Wiper Blades
If you look at the online sale, you can immediately get an idea of the most popular brand models based on the car for the best winter wiper blades. Before purchasing, deliberate the following aspects.
The first thing you need to know is the size of the wiper blade installed on your vehicle’s windshield. It is essential because you will need a wipe blade with the same size as the stock one if you go to the aftermarket. Otherwise, there may be compatibility or installation problems.
The easiest way to determine the size of the wipe is to look at the windshield’s height. The wiper measurements are only slightly smaller than the windshield, so you can get an idea.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the brush installed on the driver’s side has a different size than the passenger side. This design difference allows the two front windshield brushes to work in pairs without getting in the way.
In principle, they equip the brush structure with a plastic or rubber blade. The stock wipers almost always (unless high-end or winter-specific vehicles) have an open frame design.
It means you can see the suspension points that secure the wiper arm mechanism to the wiper blade. In winter, they can quickly fill with snow (or rain), and when it freezes, it can turn off the brush. It means you have to clean everything before you can continue driving in the middle of winter is not exactly the best.
Not all blades are the same. A good-quality wiper will have rubber compound blades (you can also find silicone wiper blades) that work hard to remove water, leaving no streaks, smudges, or moisture traces.
4. Water Repellent Action
They design some blades with chemical elements (usually silicone) that crawl against the windshield during operation. Thanks to this action, the water droplets expand and can be removed more easily. If you live in a stormy area, it might be an excellent investment to try a wiper blade with water repellent capability.
Attachments are those connecting components between the blade and the wiper arm. Many products are universal, although sometimes they require a minor adjustment. And you can easily install them right out of the box, only by following the instructions that come with the product.
1. How to choose the most suitable material?
Brush life is often directly related to the materials. It means that attention must be paid to the frame and blade for best results. Steel frames are often the best for dealing with difficult climatic conditions in colder regions. Make sure the frame is corrosion resistant, and you will see it will last a long time.
If you live in a place where temperatures rarely drop below the freezing point, an excellent alternative is the rubber frame. To ensure it does not break, check that the construction materials are durable and of high quality. They also need to withstand UV exposure.
- Top 9 Best Roof Racks For Kayaks, Bikes & Surfboards on Hilux, 4Runner, Subaru Forester & Jeep Wrangler (2020)
- Top 7 Best LED Light Bars For Trucks, UTV, ATV & Other Cars (2020 Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Rock Lights For Jeep Wrangler, UTV, RZR & SXS (2020 Reviews)
Keep in mind that the silicone blade is highly UV-resistant and will be easy to maintain in tropical climates. Simultaneously, it does not wear out quickly and can also last a long time.
2. How to clean the windshield?
The cleaning action of a wipe is mainly because of the blade’s material and the amount of contact of the arm with the glass. So, if you choose a good-quality edge, you get a smooth, streak-free cleaning action.
Then, there are the so-called points of contact. The closer the blade is to the windshield, the better the cleaning process. It is because the edge can capture and remove every drop of water or snow that falls on the glass. The design is also useful when traveling at high speed, as the wiper remains firmly attached to the glass.
3. How often should you clean the wiper blade?
You should clean your windshield regularly to remove debris that could damage the wipe. As for its cleaning, it is good to give the structure a pass every time you wash the machine.
Just wipe it gently with a damp cloth or paper towel. Raise the blades at night to prevent them from freezing on the windshield in cold temperatures.
4. When to replace the brush?
The wipers must evenly remove water, snow, and mud from the windshield without leaving streaks, squeaking even on wet glass, and failing to clean the windshield areas. If you notice at least one of these signs, it’s time to replace them.
Generally, a good-quality wipe will work well for about a year before showing signs of wear. It varied depending on the condition, the wiper, and how effective it is.
Sure, wipers are more prone to heavy work in the wettest and snowiest areas, but they can degrade quickly, even in places where it rarely rains. Constant heat, dryness, and sunlight can deteriorate the rubber element.
If you wait too long to replace them, you risk scratching the glass. And it means a far more expensive repair than just the price of the wiper.
Do not wait for all the various problems to appear before buying a new brush. Try to act in time and replace them before it is necessary. Because failing to see in a sudden, downpour can be dangerous.
As we’ve seen, there are hundreds of wipers available on the market. And as a consumer, it’s up to you to choose the best winter wiper blades. However, making mistakes is easy, especially when you are preparing to select without accurate information.
With this guide, we hope to have provided you with all the elements you need to make a targeted and conscious purchase of the wiper blade. Don’t forget that this is a vital part of your car safety.
Overall, we offer Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency Wiper Blade as our best choice because of its high quality, non-vibrant operation, and easy installation. For the heavy-duty vehicles, Trico Heavy-Duty Wiper Blades is not a bad choice. Remember that the investment for a wiper blade set will allow you to tackle all weather.
Bonus: Windscreen Wiper Blade Installation
Latest Winter Wiper Blades Bestselling on Amazon
- Unmatched winter performance...
- Constructed armor shields blade...
- Teflon infused wiper element for a...
- Specialty blade made to be more...
- DuraKlear exclusive rubber compound...
- Rugged rubber cover over heavy duty...
- More Than Just a Wiper Blade!...
- 2017 Product of the Year Winner -...
- Rain-X Water Repelling Coating -...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2020-10-19 via Amazon Product Advertising API.