This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Life is so much fun when you own an RV and can get away anytime you want. However, you might not want to miss what is going in the world. With an antenna, you can keep yourself posted with the news, or at least check the weather forecast on TV to plan your trip accordingly.
I know it is not easy to find the best TV antenna for RV as there are so many options to choose from. And it requires buyers to have a deep knowledge of the models and prices on the market. This article is popped up with the hope to give you a clear guideline to get the most high-quality TV antenna for your RV.
- Top 5 Best Rooftop Tents For 4Runner, Tacoma, Subaru Outback, Jeep & Other Trucks (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Bike Racks For SUV & Trucks: Thule, Saris or Allen Sport (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Tonneau Covers For Ford F150, Tacoma, Tundra & Other Pickup Trucks (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Car Covers For Outdoor, Winter, Snow & Sun Protection (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best RV & Travel Trailer Tire Covers Most Rated (2021 Reviews)
- Factors To Consider Buying Best TV Antenna For RV
- Top 9 Best TV Antennas for RV 2021 Reviews
- #1 Best Overall: King OA8300 TV Antenna for RV
- #2 Best Signals: Winegard RVW- 395 TV Antenna for RV
- #3 Best 360-Degree: King OA 8500 TV Antenna for RV
- #4 Best Reviewed Winegard RZ 600 TV antenna for RV
- #5 Best for Mulitple TVs: Magnadyne TV antenna for RV
- #6 Best Tech: 1Byone TV antenna for RV
- #7 Best For DISH Satellite: King VQ4500 TV antenna for RV
- #8 Best for Low-coverage Area: Luxtronic Long-Range TV Antenna for RV
- #9 Best for Remote Area: 1Byone Amplified TV antenna for RV
- In The Mood for DIY? Check Out DIY RV Antenna
- Final Words
- RV TV Antennas Bestselling ON SALE!
Factors To Consider Buying Best TV Antenna For RV
You should know clearly what type of antenna you will pick- indoor or outdoor. Normally, the indoor ones are more compact and can fit the RV better. However, the coverage will be lower. On the other hand, the outdoor product seems to be bulkier, yet own higher coverage. You will decide this!
Different factors impact the TV antenna’s coverage. I highly suggest you go for the long-range models. In that case, you don’t have to buy an extra booster. The higher coverage it is, the further your antenna can reach.
As an RVer, you know how tough that an antenna should be. It will be exposed to sun, vibrations, shock, rain, etc. Therefore, a durable one is important. Most of them are made of plastic or aluminum. If you want to choose an antenna outdoor, you should pick aluminum as it is sturdier. It is waterproof too. But if you choose an indoor one, plastic material should be fine.
There are several websites for you to check and compare the price now. But remember, quality is important too. Don’t spend money on a low-quality product you might regret after that. Quality and price should go together.
Of course, you don’t want a product that takes too much time to set up. The installation process actually can be complicated. If you think you don’t want to spend time on that, you can hire someone to set up for you.
Here is the list of the top 9 best TV antennas for RV that you shouldn’t skip. Check it out!
Top 9 Best TV Antennas for RV 2021 Reviews
As there is a wide range of models on the market, I will mention each product’s pros and cons so that you can compare better.
#1 Best Overall: King OA8300 TV Antenna for RV
- Long-range signal acquisition gets...
- Simple, five-minute retrofit...
- Upgraded technology enhances UHF...
When you own a King OA8300, you won’t have to worry about antenna booster issues at all. This brand is one of the most recommended products for RV because of the universal mounting brackets. It can be used in your home as well. The AC and DC power supply is provided.
This product features a long-range signal acquisition that can maximize the reception and get more signals and channels. The upgraded technology is designed to enhance the UHF signal reception, at the same time, remain the VHF broadcast channels.
You will be totally about its sleek and updated design which can match most RV decorations. The broader reception coverage makes this antenna to be one of the most powerful products around.
Unlike traditional models, this item is less directional. It will provide you with more channels without needing to be rotated often. Moreover, King OA8300 is very affordable. The company also offers a very good insurance policy.
- Universal mounting brackets can be used for home too
- Long-range signal acquisition can maximize the reception and get more signals and channels
- Upgraded technology is designed to enhance the UHF signal reception and remain the VHF broadcast channels
- Sleek design
- Broader reception coverage
- Less directional
- Good insurance policy
- Some are delivered with no power supply
#2 Best Signals: Winegard RVW- 395 TV Antenna for RV
- Enhanced antenna exceeds at...
- Receives all VHF and UHF...
- Receives SD and HD local over the...
The Winegard is a very well-known brand on the market for RV. The Winegard RVW-395 delivers a very consistent supply that you would love. This is the latest version of RV.
This model offers an enhanced antenna which exceeds receiving digital TV signals. It can provide the audience with one of the best over-the-air TV viewing experiences.
The RVW can receive UHF and VHF programming available within 55 miles radius. You can watch several TV channels such as ABC, NBC, FOX plus, etc, and other sub-channels which are not offered by satellite. They give you a clear HD of local programs, apart from SD.
This product can be installed quickly and easily. You don’t need to use any complicated tools. To change the direction, you can lower, raise, or rotate by using the hand crank from inside of your RV. There is a powder-coated layer to ensure the durability of the product. It can stand in hard weather conditions.
- Updated version
- Can receive digital TV signals
- UHF and VHF programming available within 55 miles radius
- Several TV channels through HD or SD
- Quick and easy to install
- The powder-coated layer to ensure the durability
- A bit pricey
#3 Best 360-Degree: King OA 8500 TV Antenna for RV
The King OA 8500 TV is one of the directional antennas that features a 360-degree rotation. In comparison with other products, King OA 8500 is very innovative.
The antenna features a long-range signal acquisition which is very powerful. It can deliver more channels for you. This is a great choice for not only RV but other places too, such as campers, trailers, or mobile homes.
Thanks to the SuperLock built-in, the finding signal of this item is operated well. The upgraded technology is a strong point to enhance the UHF signal reception, meanwhile, remain the VHF broadcast channels.
This product features a broader reception coverage which brings the strongest signal and the maximum reception. It owns an aerodynamic design. It can resist the strong wind, which is a unique point. It is compact and smaller than others which makes it easy to set up.
- 360- degree rotation
- Long-range signal acquisition
- SuperLock to make the finding signal of this item to be operated well
- A broader reception coverage which brings the strongest signal and the maximum reception
- Aerodynamic design
- Wind resistant
- Compact and small, easy to set up
- Higher price
#4 Best Reviewed Winegard RZ 600 TV antenna for RV
- Optimal UHF reception with strong...
- Streamlined design with minimal...
- Effortless rotation and no cranking...
The Winegard RZ-600 is a TV antenna that got a lot of appraise from customers for different reasons. It features ATSC 3.0 ready and be able to deliver a good exception.
You can rely on the Winegard RZ-600 when you want to keep updated about the world. It has optimal UHF reception with strong High-Band VHF allows you to catch your favorite broadcast channels. This is an amplified model. It can deliver quality HD programming.
If the place you are going to have good 4K UHD, this product can work well. Once you purchase it, you don’t have to spend money on the monthly payment for the TV shows anymore.
This item has a streamlined design with a minimal footprint which is shorter and smaller and it can make a lot of RVers happy. You will love it as it doesn’t require to crank. It is very easy to rotate to find the signal reception. You can easily replace the existing unit or head without much effort.
- Good exception
- Optimal UHF reception with strong VHF to catch the favorite broadcast channels
- Amplified model
- Deliver quality HD programming
- Can work well if 4K UHD is available
- Streamlined design with a minimal footprint
- Easy to rotate to find the signal reception
- Can easily replace existing unit or head without much efforts
- If a place has poor reception, the reception is not very good
#5 Best for Mulitple TVs: Magnadyne TV antenna for RV
- Omni-Directional RV TV Antenna and...
- TV connection plate included
- No aiming or adjusting is required
If you want to set up more than 1 TV in your RV, then the Magnadyne is the right choice to do that. It can accommodate 2 more viewing sets, and an AM or FM radio. You can have different types of entertainment if you want.
This product can be used for home too. The quality of functioning is quite the same. If you replace your directional one with this device, you won’t regret it either. The signal reception is very good which provides you with better quality images.
The manufacturer includes all the hardware to have the RVTV- B2 up (TV connection plate or bracket). Other products require you to buy extra parts to mount the antenna then connect your TV with it.
This product can be installed with ease. In terms of price, it is in the middle range of price. You won’t be broke after buying this.
- Can set up more than one TV
- Can be used for home too
- Good signal reception
- All hardware included installing
- Easy to install
- Average price
- Doesn’t work the best in rural areas.
#6 Best Tech: 1Byone TV antenna for RV
- 【720°Omni-Directional Reception...
- 【Built-in Pre-Amplifier and 4G...
- 【Easy Installation with Minimum...
The fact is that a lot of HDTV antennas can get DTV signals from 30 to 50 miles far. But the 1Byone is different. It has better comprehensive coverage for outdoor conditions. It can acquire signals from all directions. You don’t have to rotate or point.
The built-in Pre-Amplifier and 4G LTE Filter helps you boost the signal right at the antenna, at the same time, eliminate the interference caused by 4G mobile phone signal. You won’t have to worry about channel loss.
The appearance of this item looks somehow like a UFO. They use moisture-proof and flame-retardant materials to ensure durability and security. You can install this product with minimum effort too.
The 1Byone features an upgraded intelligent IC chip that can receive up to 150+ miles long-range. You can freely watch whatever in high resolution and vivid colors. All 1byone TV antennas have a 90-Day Full refund and 24-month with customer service.
- Get signals from all directions
- The built-in Pre-Amplifier and 4G LTE Filter to boost the signal right at the antenna
- No channel loss
- Moisture-proof and flame-retardant materials to ensure the durability and secure
- Install with ease
- Upgraded intelligent IC chip which can receive up to 150+ miles long-range
- 90-Day Full refund and 24-month with customer service
- Needs a base put in a vertical position to install
#7 Best For DISH Satellite: King VQ4500 TV antenna for RV
- Portable satellite TV antenna for...
- Use as either portable antenna or...
- Supports multiple TV viewing with...
King VQ4500 is one of the best portable satellite TV antennas for DISH service. This product is unbeatable on the market.
First of all, it is very convenient. You can just sign up for this service, then pay for the months that you are using it. After that, you just need to add it to your home Dish service. You can either use it as a portable item or mount this on the top of your RV. The mounting feet are included already.
This item weighs 8 pounds which is very lightweight. You can bring it around while traveling easily. It can work everywhere. No matter where you are going, you don’t need to think about the power source as it is powered through its receiver. There isn’t needed any remote or power source.
King vQ4500 is ideal for RV and outdoors. This is an automatic-aiming item. It is not difficult to install.
- Best antenna for DISH service
- Sign-up and add to your home DISH service
- Portable antenna or mounted roof
- Light, easy to bring around
- Powered through its receiver. No remote or power source needed
- Ideal for outdoors and RV
- Easy to install
- Don’t support HD programming
#8 Best for Low-coverage Area: Luxtronic Long-Range TV Antenna for RV
- FREE HDTV FOR LIFE: Luxtronic's...
- DESIGNED FOR MOBILE USE: The...
- EASY INSTALLATION: With the...
The Luxtronic Long-Range is another UFO-shaped TV antenna. That’s why it is capable of delivering steady reception and high definition broadcast. If your TV is HD-capable, this product can surely generate HD content. It can get the signals from 35 to 40 miles away.
This item can be used indoors and outdoors. It is highly mobile. You can bring it around quickly and easily. Also, it is omnidirectional which offers 360-degree reception. This guarantees the picture and sound quality. It is also weather and UV-resistant.
The brand included a low-noise amplifier to minimize noise interference. This helps you get the perfect TV signals. In case you go to an area that has a very strong signal, this device can tone it down to avoid overloading the system. It can also enhance the signals when you go to a low-coverage area.
The product comes with a magnetic base which makes it easy to mount to your RV. You don’t have to drill any holes on the roof of your RV.
- Steady reception and high definition broadcast
- HD capable
- Receive signals from 35 to 40 miles away
- Use for indoors and outdoors
- Highly mobile
- Easy to bring around
- Omnidirectional 360-degree reception to bring high-quality images and sounds
- Low-noise amplifier
- Comes with a magnetic base to make the installation easy
- Might have some connection difficulty
#9 Best for Remote Area: 1Byone Amplified TV antenna for RV
- Free for Life - Never Pay Your...
- Tools-free Installation - No more...
- All Weather Proof - Anti-UV...
The 1Byone Amplified is a very powerful antenna for RV. The signal acquisition is up to 70 miles. This is an omnidirectional TV antenna that can receive UHF VHF and FM signals from every direction.
It is so great that you don’t need to pay monthly for your favorites programs because this amplified antenna can get the signals very well. It is designed to cope with harsh weather. There is an anti-UV coating, waterproof, snowproof design that ensures the durability of the product.
You will love this item for its high performance. SMD technology and micro-electronics make a high-quality built-in amplifier, which guarantees excellent performance.
This product has a compact design and looks nice. Moreover, the installation is extremely easy. It comes with a mounting base and an amplifier.
- Signal acquisition is up to 70 miles
- Omnidirectional TV antenna
- Weather-resistant and waterproof
- Compact and nice design
- High performing
- The installation might be confusing to some people
1. What direction should my RV antenna point?
When setting up, you should point your RV antenna in the direction which is the nearest large metropolitan zone if you know where it is.
2. How does an RV antenna booster work?
The signal booster is built in the antenna already. In the RV, you can switch the power supply that gives the power to the amplifier in the antenna through a COAX cable which is included in the package.
3. How do I get better reception on the antenna?
A good booster helps. You can access more channels with higher definitions. The booster might cause some more problems for you, but you can learn how to deal with it on time.
4. Which additional hardware do I need for my antenna?
They can be a signal strength meter or a booster. The meter is equipped to monitor the strength of the signal. And the booster is to increase the signal.
In The Mood for DIY? Check Out DIY RV Antenna
A TV antenna is really necessary for you if you are a fan of TV shows and programs. It might take some time to get the best product because there are many factors that you need to consider before purchasing. But if you have enough information, choose to right one is a piece of cake. I hope this article is useful in guiding you to get the most suitable TV antenna for your RV.
If I can pick one for myself, I will go for the Winegard RVW- 395 for its durability and power, not to mention, it is a bit pricey. A more economical option with high performing option is the Magnadyne. Check them out!
RV TV Antennas Bestselling ON SALE!
- Enhanced antenna exceeds at...
- Receives all VHF and UHF...
- Receives SD and HD local over the...
- Extended Range - Up to 55 miles...
- Long Lasting Durability - Over 20...
- Watch Free TV - Receive all digital...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2022-01-27 via Amazon Product Advertising API.