This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
The best RV inverter is a device that connects to the outlet of the 12-volt cigarette lighter of an RV and gives the most stable output for other devices. The inverter’s function is to recover direct current (DC) from the cigarette lighter socket, amplify it and transform it into alternating current (AC) at much more significant levels.
So, where to buy the best RV inverter? If you want more information before purchasing, you can read the opinions of other users. However, it is advisable not to focus on low-priced or cheaper items, but to rely on branded products for better quality.
- Top 9 Best Deep Cycle RV Batteries: Optima, Odyssey or Renogy (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best RV & Travel Trailer Tire Covers Most Rated (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best TV Antennas for RV (Indoor & Outdoor) (2020 Reviews)
Let’s check out our Top 9 recommendations below!
- Top 9 Best RV Inverters 2020 Reviews
- #1 Best Overall: Giandel 2000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- #2 Best Value: EDECOA Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- #3 Most Reviewed: Bestek 300W Power Inverter
- #4 Best for Small Area: VOLTCUBE Power Inverter
- #5 Best Protection: WZRELB Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- #6 Best USB Outputs: Bestek 400W/500W Car Power Inverter
- #7 Best Performance: KIMISS Car Power Inverter
- #8 Most Silent: BMK 200W Car Power Inverter
- #9 Best Price: Potek 750W Car Power Inverter
- Types of RV Inverter
- How to Choose The Best Power Inverters For RV
- Bonus: Hands-on How To Install Power Inverters For RV
- Final Verdict
- Latest RV Power Inverters Bestselling ON SALE!
Top 9 Best RV Inverters 2020 Reviews
#1 Best Overall: Giandel 2000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- Don't connect to 12V battery. This...
- Wide Applications with Remote: The...
- Fully Safety Protections:Over...
The Giandel inverter is a 2000W motorhome inverter with a peak power of 4000W comes with a pure sine wave. They equip the device with two fans for cooling and maintaining the inverter at a constant temperature. There are an AC outlet and a switch for switching the device on and off conveniently.
It also has two poles in which the cables can be connected to the vehicle battery. The Giandel 2000W Pure Sine Inverter is also equipped with a USB port, which is useful for charging devices such as smartphones or tablets.
It makes the body of the device of aluminum to ensure that it quickly dissipates the heat. Its dimensions are compact, which is 13.9 x 8.1 x 3.74 inches, compared to a weight of 12.27 pounds.
The most significant advantage of this product is that it is an inverter for motorhomes with premier output power and pure helical wave technology. They sell it at a relatively cheap price compared to other similar products.
However, the cables supplied for the connection of the device to the battery have tiny eyelets. Denote that a single AC outlet at the output is not suitable for a method of this capacity.
- High efficiency and compact design
- Comes with a USB port
- Reaches a peak of 4000W
- Suitable for RV with high output power
- Reasonable price
- The cables have small eyelets
- Not compatible with the single AC outlet
#2 Best Value: EDECOA Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
- INFO: This is a 12V 3500W pure sine...
- POWER: Output Continuous Power:...
- EQUIPMENT: 4 AC outlets (US...
EDECOA inverter is the best RV inverter for 1500W motorhomes with a peak of 2500 watts. It takes the most advantage of changed sine wave technology. They also equip it with an AC outlet, an on/off switch, a cooling fan, and a small LCD screen for indicating the percentage of battery, the input and output voltage.
EDECOA Power Inverter has a body made entirely of aluminum, which is useful for constant temperature maintenance. Its dimensions are equal to 14.56 x 9.5 x 6.3 inches concerning the weight of 16 pounds. This size is bulky and heavyweight for an inverter.
- High efficiency and quality
- Suitable for up to 1500W motorhomes
- Comes with changed sine wave technology
- Made of high-quality aluminum
- Bulky and heavyweight
#3 Most Reviewed: Bestek 300W Power Inverter
- BESTEK Advantage: America's leading...
- Fast Charging: two 110V AC outlets...
- Ultra Compact and Lightweight:...
The 300W Bestek is a car inverter that is specialized for motorhomes (RVs). It has an impressive output power of 300 watts, which receives many positive reviews. It can connect easily to the power source via the vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket.
It equips the inverter with a cooling fan, an AC outlet, an on/off switch, and two USB ports suitable for charging portable devices. It makes the case of aluminum, which makes the device more lightweight and easily transportable.
Its dimensions are quite contained, 4.8 x 3.1 x 1.9 inches, for only 10.1 ounces. The advantages of this product are clear. Low weight and small size make it very practical for all vehicles.
The negative aspect is being an inverter with not eminent power and with connection via cigarette lighter socket. It is not suitable for powering high consumption devices or appliances.
- Lightweight and compact
- Chief power and efficiency
- Suitable for any vehicle
- Comes with a cooling fan, AC outlet, and USB ports
- Not compatible with high power consumption devices
#4 Best for Small Area: VOLTCUBE Power Inverter
- 【POWERFUL INVERTER】:This power...
- 【DUAL USB PORTS】: 2 USB ports...
- 【DURABLE AND STYLISH DESIGN】:...
A VOLTCUBE power inverter can convert the 12V alternating current of the batteries into 220V direct currents present in all our RVs. They equip it with two fuses to guarantee protection against short circuits and a cooling fan.
It is a changed sine wave inverter with a 220V output voltage. It also has a universal socket, suitable for all countries. It supplies the inverter with 12V socket connection cables and terminals directed to the battery.
Notably, the power is over 90.5%, and it activates the fan only in case of overheating. With an extra-small size, the VOLTCUBE inverter is the perfect choice for average-sized RVs.
- Protection system in case of short circuits
- High efficiency and durable power
- Available for sockets of all countries
- Small and compact size for limited space
- Low durability
#5 Best Protection: WZRELB Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- Come with everything you need!...
- High quality pure sine wave...
- Rated power: 3000W; surge power:...
WZRELB inverter is a 3000-watt inverter equipped with a digital display, an AC output socket, a USB port, the classic switch for switching on and off. There is also a fan for cooling and the two poles and the respective cables to connect it directly to the RV battery. It comes with a plug to be inserted in the cigarette lighter socket.
They make its body of aluminum, and its dimensions are 14.17 x 8.07 x 3.54 inches for a weight of 11.42 pounds. We can use this inverter model for a good deal of electrical equipment and have a protection system that turns it off in the event of overload, high temperature, short circuit, or polarity reversal.
The excellent quality and price ratio give the advantage of this product despite having some minor defects, such as temporarily shutting down.
- Power efficiency
- Compact and efficient design
- Suitable for many electrical devices
- Amazing protection system
- Reasonable price
- Bulky and heavyweight
#6 Best USB Outputs: Bestek 400W/500W Car Power Inverter
- BESTEK-Leading Brand in America:...
- Comprehensive New Upgrade Version:...
- Noise Elimination&...
Bestek inverter is an inverter connected to the 12V battery to convert direct current and alternating current. It provides sufficient power to many electronic devices simultaneously.
The inverter is also compatible with high energy-consuming equipment, including mini electric grinders, mini electrical tools, mini-kitchens, DVDs, VCDs, video recorders, fans, lighting, etc. With its integrated overload, overheat, low voltage, and overvoltage protection circuits, the Bestek device always keeps your tools and RV safe.
Primarily, it offers four USB outputs to connect as many electronic devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. The built-in cooling fan increases durability and safety. Finally, its compact size allows you to store it in a compact space.
- High durability and safety level
- Compact and handy size
- Allows you to connect multiple devices simultaneously
- Compatible with heavy-duty RVs
- The fan noise and lousy and vibrant
#7 Best Performance: KIMISS Car Power Inverter
- 【High quality】 Made of high...
- 【Replaceable Fuse】 Built-in...
- 【Cooling fan】 Cooling fan...
With AC 220V socket and USB port, KIMISS inverter is used to connect many household appliances and electronic devices such as laptops, mobile phones, amplifiers. It offers multiple protections to keep tools and the car safe: against short circuit, overload, over-current, overheating, and low voltage. The cooling fan also ensures a long life of the device and increases safety.
They have designed the device to offer the most comfortable experience for users. It equips the front of the inverter with a power outlet suitable for plugs used throughout Europe and a USB port. Thanks to it, we can charge the smartphone, the e-book reader, and any other USB device.
- Has a USB socket for charging devices.
- Changed sine wave model that allows stable operation of the appliances
- Multiple safety protections
- Light and resistant aluminum structure
- Low durability
- Noisy and vibrant
#8 Most Silent: BMK 200W Car Power Inverter
- 【POWERFUL CHARGING OUTLET CAR...
- 【INTELLIGENT LCD DISPLAY SCREEN &...
- 【BONUS 15A FUSE & SMART PORT FOR...
The BMK power inverter has an intelligent Smart Digital Display system that shows the DC input voltage, AC output wattage, or fault codes to monitor operation. The temperature-controlled cooling fan helps to increase efficiency and dissipates heat. They equip it with a changed sine wave, which makes it suitable for resistive products.
It also has four built-in fuses to protect against over-voltage, low voltage, overload, short circuits, and overheating. The BMK device is ideal for those who frequently travel by RV since it comes with a cigarette lighter cable and two-piece battery clips.
The intelligent cooling fan makes the vehicle’s power inverter silent during operation and works faster when it gets warmer. Last, the aluminum alloy structure protects from falls and bumps.
- Withstand harsh environments.
- Multifunction internal protections
- 90% conversion efficiency
- The aeronautical aluminum body ensures high heat dissipation.
- Its cooling fan increases the efficiency of the appliance
- Some flaws on the body
#9 Best Price: Potek 750W Car Power Inverter
- Potek 750W DC to AC car inverter:...
- Dual AC outlets and One USB...
- Ultra compact and lightweight...
Potek inverter is an inverter for RVs of 750 watts with a peak of 1500 watts. It comes with an excellent quality and price ratio. They equip it with two AC outlets and a USB port suitable for charging mobile devices.
There are two fans to keep the inverter temperature stable. They make the body of aluminum to make the inverter lightweight and easy to handle.
Its dimensions are 11.3 x 6.8 x 2.7 inches and a weight of approximately 3.19 pounds. They equip this inverter with poles and relative cables to connect directly to the vehicle battery. The most beneficial feature of this product is its reasonable price, considering that it is a 750W inverter with two electrical outlets and a USB port at a meager amount.
It does not produce any noise during operation; its power is adequately regulated and does not warn of voltage loss during its use. The negative aspects of this product are practically irrelevant.
- Comes with two AC outlets and one USB port
- Lightweight and compact
- Directly connects to the RV battery
- The lowest price
- No noisy operating sound
- It is hard to find any drawback of this product
Types of RV Inverter
There are uncommon types of power inverters from 12V to 220V. They differ in terms of output power, the method of connection to the source of electricity, and the fields of application. There are two major categories: the changed sine wave inverter and the pure sine wave inverter.
1. Changed Sine Wave Inverter
The changed sine wave inverter has a meager price and is suitable for most commonly used electronic devices. But this inverter for motorhomes has positive and negative half-waves that are not entirely rounded with the consequent imperfection of the emitted current.
Therefore, it is not suitable for many power supplies for electronic equipment. The changed sine wave inverter for motorhomes is only satisfactory for those who do not have particular needs.
In changed sine wave inverters, it modulates the voltage by two digital signals, one that controls polarity and another that controls the presence or absence of the output voltage. Non-motorized appliances such as TVs, computers, and chargers, which only have the transformer, are suitable for the changed sine wave inverters.
2. Pure Sine Wave Inverter
The second inverter from 12V to 220V is a pure sine wave. It has a cost approximately three times higher than those with a changing wave. It produces perfectly rounded waves and provides constant electricity like ordinary households.
Therefore, it is recommended for those who need to connect vital medical equipment, appliances that require a long time of use.
Denote that the inverters for change-wave motorhomes consume more electricity than those with a pure wave. SO, during their use, they can have dropped inefficiency, and it means that the electrical consumption is higher.
- Top 9 Best Wifi Signal Booster for RV & Motorhome (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best RV Air Conditioners: Midea, Coleman or Domestic (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Rated RV Holding Tank Treatments: Walex, Camco or Happy Campers (2020 Reviews)
In pure sine wave inverters, the second stage is more complicated. The voltage is pulse-modulated and then filtered, thus getting a sinusoidal voltage equal to that of the home network.
Pure sine wave inverters are more efficient than changed sine wave inverters. They cost a little more but guarantee more significant efficiency. Appliances equipped with a motor require to be powered with a pure sinusoidal voltage, which otherwise a square wave would damage them.
How to Choose The Best Power Inverters For RV
Here are some factors to consider when choosing an RV inverter. Consider what you need to make sure you can buy the right model at the right price.
Probably, the most crucial factor is the purpose of why you want to buy the inverter. If you just want something to keep in the RVs to recharge your kids’ phone or tablet frequently, you can purchase a smaller device with a 12-volt adapted.
If you are outdoors and want an electrical supply for your devices when camping in open spaces, you may need a more powerful inverter.
If you just want to charge your phone or some other similar device simultaneously, we recommend taking an inverter that weighs relatively little and is small. It can fit in the glove compartment, and you can use it as long as necessary.
A right inverter must have excellent safety features to protect the objects it is loading. You should look for inverters with overvoltage protection, overload protection, and short circuit protection to prevent damage to your electrical products.
There should be temperature protection with a sound cooling fan system. The top-of-the-range models should also allow you to manage direct and alternating current power via multiple fuses mounted inside. For instance, wicks add a level of protection.
The prices for these items range from less than 50 dollars to over 300 – 400 dollars for a 12V connector. To some extent, though, you must have some extra-payments.
A low-priced inverter will struggle to generate the energy needed to operate large electrical devices. A more expensive one will probably have multiple safety features, making it better for the appliances’ long-term operation.
1. What is the inverter?
A power inverter transforms the direct current generated by a 12V battery into a conventional 220V alternating current with a sine waveform. You can use it to operate many devices: electric lights, kitchen appliances, microwaves, utensils, electrical, TV, radio, computer, etc.
A pure wave inverter can power any electronic device, even sophisticated with premier power.
2. Can power inverters damage the RV?
If misused, a power inverter can damage the car battery. But if you use it correctly, the impact is minimized and will not cause any danger to you and your devices.
3. How long does a 12V battery last with an inverter?
It starts from the load you are consuming, for example, 65W/12V is 5.42A, and the battery life is 100Ah/5.42 = 18.45 hours. But the inverter is never 100% efficient, so let’s say about 17 hours.
4. Do the power inverters drain the battery?
Inverters can also drain the battery quickly unless the motor is running and recharging the battery. Most inverters sound an audible alarm when it detects a reduced power source. But it may be helpful to purchase a slightly more sophisticated and expensive unit that turns off when it detects a low battery.
Bonus: Hands-on How To Install Power Inverters For RV
Those who spend a lot of time in the RV for work or traveling with the family can enjoy having the best RV inverter in their motorhome. Devices such as smartphones, tablets, notebooks, power banks, or other electronic devices can be recharged or connected with no problem.
We have given our preference to the Giandel 2000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter. It is an inverter that makes use of the functionality. At the front, there is a power outlet suitable for plugs used throughout Europe and a USB port. In the rear position, there is instead a fan that ensures the correct cooling of the device.
- Top 9 Best RV & Camper Toilet Replacements: Thetford or Domestic (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best RV Camper Tires: Bridgestone, Michelin or Dunlop (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best 2 Stage (Dual Tank) RV LP Propane Regulators: Camco, Fairview or Marshall (2020 Reviews)
If you want an inverter that offers the best protection feature, WZRELB Pure Sine Wave Inverter is a more suitable choice. If you have questions, please leave it in the comment section!
Latest RV Power Inverters Bestselling ON SALE!
- 13.2 Vdc range
- 13.6 Vdc range
- 14.4 Vdc range
- Optimized for 12 VDC system...
- Overload protection for both DC...
- Special LED indicators for...
- 2000 watts continuous power, 4000...
- Perfect for an Emergency,...
- We have your back. This inverter...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-02-28 via Amazon Product Advertising API.