This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Backup cameras are handy when driving large vehicles such as RVs, vans, and trucks. With the best RV backup camera, you can avoid many sudden accidents when driving or parking. The wireless backup camera is a real technological innovation in mechanics. The best RV backup camera thus makes it possible to avoid any accidents and make parking much more straightforward.
- Top 9 Best Wifi Signal Booster for RV & Motorhome (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best TV Antennas for RV (Indoor & Outdoor) (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Power Inverters For RV (Pure & Changed Sine Wave) (2021 Reviews)
But to have the best RV backup camera on the market, you first have to know what to look for in such a product. To help you make the best choice for you, here are the Top 9 best options and an in-depth buying guide.
- Factors To Look For When Choosing Best RV Backup Camera System
- How to Install an RV Backup Camera
- Hands-on: RV Back-Up Camera Installation
- Top 9 Best RV Backup Camera Systems 2021 Reviews
- #1 Best Overall: Auto-Vox CS-2 Wireless Backup Camera Kit
- #2 Best Performance: Auto-Vox T2 Backup Camera Kit
- #3 Best Design: Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera
- #4 Most Portable: Podofo Wireless Vehicle 2x Backup Cameras
- #5 Best Package: Camecho RC Car Backup Camera
- #6 Best Functions: YI Mirror Dash Cam, Dual Dashboard Camera
- #7 Most Versatile: Chortau B-T006 Dual Dash Cam Front and Rearview Camera
- #8 Most Reviewed: Auto-Vox M1W Wireless Backup Camera Kit
- #9 Best Price: Car Rover Night Vision Car Rear View Camera
- Final Words
- Latest RV Backup Camera Systems Bestselling ON SALE!
Factors To Look For When Choosing Best RV Backup Camera System
The motorhome (RV) reversing camera widens your rear field of vision. A strategic tool for driving this camera is an excellent benefit to most drivers. To help you gain yours at the best price, we are giving you some guidelines.
Here are the essential criteria for choosing a rear car camera:
1. Viewing Angle
Your vision, while sitting in the RV, will be better if the viewing angle is more extensive. The viewing angle of a reversing video kit varies from 90 degrees to 180 degrees. To put this in perspective, our field of view is around 130 degrees.
- Top 9 Best RV & Camper Toilet Replacements: Thetford or Domestic (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Rated RV Holding Tank Treatments: Walex, Camco or Happy Campers (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best RV & Travel Trailer Tire Covers Most Rated (2021 Reviews)
To ensure you get full coverage of your rear bumpers, you need a camera with a viewing angle of 100 degrees or more. If you drive a large vehicle like an RV, a camera with an aspect of 120 degrees or we recommend more.
2. Night Vision
When it is night, or the weather is dark outside, a night vision camera becomes essential. Most reversing camera kits offer infrared night vision. But you can only see a black-and-white image on the screen.
3. Wireless or Wired
Some backup cameras are wireless with radio frequency transmission. It’s easier to install, but interference can be a problem for broadcast cameras. The transfer occurs through the 2.4 GHz frequency, which is also used by a variety of standard electronic devices like Bluetooth devices and Wi-Fi networks. Interference in the signal degrades the quality of the picture, making the video kit unusable. Some wireless backup cameras have a system to prevent interference, but they cost more.
4. Mirror Function
The mirror function is an automatic inversion of the display. Most rearview cameras have this function. It allows you to have the same inverted view as in the mirror. It is an essential feature of a recoil kit.
5. Camera Size
The size of the camera is an important criterion that affects aesthetics and installation. A small camera is more comfortable to install and more discreet. It does not spoil the aesthetics of the car. For more discretion, they install some models at the top of the license plate.
How to Install an RV Backup Camera
1. Installation of the camera
We intend the installation of a reversing camera kit for people familiar with the electrical connections. Its implementation requires electrical knowledge in direct current to avoid any damage to the RVs.
They provide the power supply to the reversing camera via the light’s electrical circuit, or the vehicle’s reversing lights. A professional can perform this operation without risk of deterioration.
It activates the camera when reverse gear is engaged, and it turns on the reversing light. It is necessary to identify the reverse light circuit and determine its voltage to connect the camera power supply in parallel.
2. Installation of the control screen
It delivers the control screen with a screening arm fitted with a suction foot. The layout of the vehicle is specific to each model. Find the best positioning of the screen while ensuring that it does not or cannot cause any discomfort to drive.
Its power supply, via a cigar lighter socket, does not encounter any difficulty. Note that the length of the power cable is about 3.50m. We must add the 0.50m of the control screen output cable, for 4m.
Before the final installation of the camera and the control screen, it will be necessary to carry out tests to adjust the camera’s position and angle of view.
Hands-on: RV Back-Up Camera Installation
Top 9 Best RV Backup Camera Systems 2021 Reviews
#1 Best Overall: Auto-Vox CS-2 Wireless Backup Camera Kit
- 【Stable and Vivid Image】With...
- 【Accuracy - Top priority for...
- 【Ideal Camera】The waterproof...
The Auto-Vox CS-2 camera kit is a quality reversing camera that has the advantage of being wireless. It is easier to install because it is unnecessary to run a cable through the passenger compartment of the RV.
To facilitate maneuvering, it supports normal and mirror images. Its charger easily plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. It also has additional USB ports for connecting other devices.
The wireless connection between the camera and the screen is exceptionally smooth. The wireless transmitter can send the video signal to the screen at a distance of up to 100 meters. It is, therefore, an excellent solution for large vehicles such as trucks or motorhomes.
This reversing camera is also waterproof with an IP68 protection rating. For power, it connects to the output of the rear lights of the vehicle. Once plugged in, it relates to the wireless transmitter, which must be installed inside the car.
- Wireless and easy to install
- Comes with additional USB ports
- Smooth connection
- Transmit the video up to 100 meters
- It is hard to find any negative reviews about this fantastic product
#2 Best Performance: Auto-Vox T2 Backup Camera Kit
- Stable Signal and Clear Image:...
- Super Night Vision: T2 works...
- Original Equipment Look: The T2 can...
Like the CS-2 model, the Auto-Vox T2 reversing camera allows you to view what is happening behind the vehicle when you shift into reverse. It is triggered by the ignition system of the reversing light.
The wireless transmitter transmits the video signal digitally to prevent interference.
This small outdoor camera films in HD quality. It can be installed above the license plate. The LEDs on the side of the camera automatically light up for night shots. Even at night, it is possible to see what is going on behind the vehicle.
The 4.3-inch control screen comes with a suction cup mount to install it on the windshield. For power, it plugs in the cigarette lighter socket.
The power cord has a USB socket which allows you to charge your phone while using the rearview camera. The screen comes on automatically when you switch on the ignition. When reversing, it displays the guidelines on the image.
- Ease of installation
- High accessibility
- Compatible with all RV parts
- Comes with USB socket and suction cup mount
- Transmit in high dimension
#3 Best Design: Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera
- Works with most Garmin Drive, nuvi,...
- View what’s behind your vehicle...
- If desired, wire to constant power...
This high-end reversing camera is convenient to pair with a GPS from the same renowned Garmin brand. If the kit does not include a screen, it is effortless to install. Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera takes advantage of a stable transmission and vertical and horizontal angles to give you a clear vision.
The quality of the finishes is excellent, and it is possible to extend its functions by purchasing additional cables. This accessory is ideal for owners of Garmin GPS. Its setup is simple and its connection reliable, as is its image quality. Its design and ergonomics are also worthy of the brand.
- Compatible with GPS from Garmin
- Easy to install and use
- Ergonomic design
- High-quality dimension
- The screen is small
#4 Most Portable: Podofo Wireless Vehicle 2x Backup Cameras
- 7 inch Car LCD monitor support 2...
- 2 x HD Reverse camera Build...
- It comes with a remote controller...
In 4th place in this RV backup camera review, we have the Podofo, the best foldable and portable backup camera in this list. The transmission to the 4.3-inch monitor must be through a hard-wired cable connection from the rear of the camera.
The foldable portable monitor is high resolution, with an anti-glare system, light color, 16:9 picture change, built-in universal chip, and auto start. The camera is also in a bright color.
Podofo backup cameras are a rearview car camera with a waterproof and weatherproof lens. They equip it with a wide range of visibility and seven infrared LEDs to facilitate night vision.
- Compact and portable
- High-resolution video transmission
- Bright color with anti-glare system
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- It takes much time to set up and study the instructions
#5 Best Package: Camecho RC Car Backup Camera
- Camecho Wireless Backup Camera...
- Wireless receiver and transmitter:...
- The monitor support 2 Channel Video...
Camecho cameras are one of the best quality cameras. It meets all the features that a driver needs in this product.
The primary advantage of this Camecho model is that it has a wireless network between the 4 cameras and the monitor. The system allows you to observe everything that is happening behind your vehicle without pulling the cables.
The cameras also have night vision, 800 x 480-pixel resolution, and a 120-degree viewing angle, allowing you to have an exceptional view to avoid accidents. And the product also has a remote control to navigate the cameras from a certain distance.
Camecho RC backup cameras are straightforward to install without spending money for a mechanic or electrician. Also, it has all the features that make it very comfortable to use. The monitor is large, so you do not have to focus all of your attention on the picture screen and the fact that it has night vision to help during the night.
- Comes with a full package of cameras, remote control, and monitor
- High resolution and wide-angle
- Easy to install and setup
- Enormous screen
- Not suitable for RV beginners
#6 Best Functions: YI Mirror Dash Cam, Dual Dashboard Camera
- Two HD cameras including a front...
- Easy to set-up, it fits comfortably...
- Integrated LCD 16:9 touchscreen for...
YI rearview mirror camera integrates with the front and rear function. The front is HD 1080p, and the rear is HD 720p. It can be positioned quickly on the rearview mirror of the car thanks to the elastic straps. And they equip the product with a 5-inch screen.
Considering the price, it turns out to be the right quality product, if only for all the functions it offers. The infrared filter guarantees excellent performance even at night. The G-sensor activates the emergency recording in the event of a collision, accident, and protects the film from being crushed.
Protection IP67 allows it to withstand dust and rain. It automatically detects the engagement of reverse gear and then activates the reversing camera itself.
It has Wi-Fi functionality, with a 2.4GHz wireless module, which allows you to connect it directly to your smartphone and manage recordings through the YI DashCam application. The lenses in the front chamber have a 138-degree wide-angle lens. They equip the camera with audible safety warnings to detect driver fatigue.
- Multiple functions with reasonable price
- High resolution
- Emergency recording in terms of corruptions
- Wide-angle and high efficiency
- Low durability
#7 Most Versatile: Chortau B-T006 Dual Dash Cam Front and Rearview Camera
- 【Dual dash cam for front & rear...
- 【Reverse assistant for safe...
- 【Looping Recording &...
The Chortau B-T006 is an efficient rearview camera that also works as a dashcam. It is the right choice, especially in terms of quality and price ratio.
This system comprises an additional mirror that is attached to the existing one with elastic straps. The new retro camera is large, with a measurement of 10cm. The system is powered by a cable that connects to the cigarette lighter.
The part of this additional mirror incorporates a 4.8-inch LCD screen to see what is happening behind the vehicle. When reversing, we can view the video on the left side of the mirror. It can display guidelines as a parking aid. This system also has an anti-glare function.
Primarily, this small rear camera is waterproof and weatherproof. They equip it with LEDs for night vision. As mentioned before, the Chortau B-T006 is also a dashcam.
The front camera films the road in 1080p at an angle of 170 degrees. It offers the essential functions of an on-board camera such as motion detection, loop recording, parking function, or even the G sensor.
In the event of a collision or emergency braking, the system automatically stores the video in memory. To work this function, you must insert an SD card not supplied. However, nighttime videos are not of the best quality.
- 2-in-1 function: backup camera and dash-cam
- Efficient and affordable
- Comes with an additional mirror
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- High-quality dimensional and huge angles
- Quality of nighttime videos is low
#8 Most Reviewed: Auto-Vox M1W Wireless Backup Camera Kit
- Parking Safely & Effortlessly –...
- Wireless Design for Easy...
- IP 68 Waterproof Backup –...
The Auto-Vox M1W is a wireless reversing camera kit with a reasonable price and quality ratio. In this old model, it transmits the image between the camera and the control screen by radio waves.
Unlike the Auto-Vox CS-2, which transmits images by a digital signal, the Auto-Vox M1W transmits images by radio signal. This model, therefore, presents a higher risk of interference, and the image is less stable.
The images are of lower quality than on the new Auto-Vox models, but this older rearview camera costs less. It is indeed offered at around 90 dollars.
- Affordable and high-quality
- Received many positive reviews from customers
- Classic design
- High efficiency
- The significant risk of interference
- Low-quality transmitted image
#9 Best Price: Car Rover Night Vision Car Rear View Camera
For a slightly lower price, this model of Car Rover is an excellent opportunity to incorporate a rearview camera into your RV. It is a magnificent tool to avoid accidents, bumps, or scratches when parking.
Like the previous model, this kit incorporates a camera with night vision and without wiring, which is very easy to install. Here, the monitor is smaller, 7 inches, but enough to get a good rear view of the road.
Also, the signal is ultra-strong and has a range of up to 10 meters. We should note that they make this device of resistant materials to prevent it from being damaged by rain, mud, or external damages.
Car Rover Night Vision Rear View Camera is a straightforward, practical, and useful product with which you can control the maneuvers you perform in reverse. The best thing about this model is that its design is very durable and will guarantee the considerably higher quality and durability than other models in the same range. Besides, the picture quality and screen size will give you pleasant picture quality.
- Affordable and high-quality
- Enhances night vision for RVs
- Made of resistant materials
- Durable and high efficiency
- Difficult to install and use
1. Why do I have to buy the best RV backup camera?
The RV backup camera helps in reversing without having to turn your back around. It allows you to visualize what is behind your vehicle from the ground up to a certain height. It is, therefore, possible to see a person or a small object.
It widens your field of vision. Even with three mirrors and your glance together, you cannot see what is behind and under your vehicle. The reversing camera for cars and motorhomes is naturally appreciated by vehicle drivers.
Some cameras can even be linked to your dashcam or multimedia car radio. With this accessory, drivers of many vehicles can reverse more quickly and more calmly.
On the screen or the rearview mirror, there is a line that appears and allows the driver to perform his maneuvers with more precision. It promotes the optimal occupation of the road.
2. What are the best brands of RV backup cameras?
Diversified choices are essential, and it is not always easy to find the right product. There are many famous brands of RV backup camera such as Auto-Vox. Leclerc, Feu Vert, and C Discount.
3. Where to buy the best RV backup camera?
Many stores across the country offer car and motorhome backup cameras. For convenience, you can purchase your equipment online. Search the internet for electronic store websites to make your purchase.
Discover many products from various brands in a few clicks. You can then compare the features and prices of the items offered. Pay attention to user reviews, which also help to guide your choice.
The wireless camera is a real technological innovation in mechanics. Today, the best RV backup camera allows you to perform the most complicated maneuvers to get out of your parking lot, without fear of brushing against the cars next to you.
They also save your back if you are one of those who need to turn around several times to perform a maneuver correctly. The Auto-Vox CS-2 Wireless Backup Camera Kit is our best choice because of its high efficiency, reasonable price, and user-friendly functions. Or you can consider the Chortau B-T006 Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear View Camera if you want more than just an RV backup camera.
- Top 9 Best RV Camper Tires: Bridgestone, Michelin or Dunlop (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best 2 Stage (Dual Tank) RV LP Propane Regulators: Camco, Fairview or Marshall (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best RV Air Conditioners: Midea, Coleman or Domestic (2021 Reviews)
If you have questions, please leave them in the comment section!
Latest RV Backup Camera Systems Bestselling ON SALE!
- Warm Hint : Bracket Adapter and...
- The wireless working range up to 60...
- We provide the mount for install...
- Easy & Quick Installation: Most RVs...
- Waterproof Cameras with Night...
- Stable & Long Range Signal...
- HD Digital Wireless Rear View...
- The camera can be either connected...
- This monitor with HD 1080P high...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-05-15 via Amazon Product Advertising API.