This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
When you maintain a vehicle, a vital piece of equipment that you must have is a fuel filter. Why is this important? Because it can remove unnecessary particles such as dirt, rust, or microbial growth. Then your engine can run more smoothly and last longer.
I know that you have been looking for the best fuel filters on the market now. There are many options that can make you find it hard to choose the right one. In this post, I will review the 7 best fuel filters and factors you should consider before buying one and some FAQs. Let’s get started!
- Top 7 Best Cabin Air Filters & Brands For Chevy, Honda, Acura & Mazda: Fram, EPAuto or K&N (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Car Brake Brands: Detroit Axle, Power Stop, Atmansta or Autospecialty (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Car Brake Pad Brands: Akebono, Bosch or Wagner (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Air Filters For Car Engine: AEM, Fram or K&N (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Car Oil Filter Brands For Conventional & Synthetic Oil (2021 Reviews)
- Features to Consider When Buying the Best Fuel Filters
- Top 7 Best Fuel Filters For Gas & Diesel 2021 Reviews
- Final Words
- Latest Auto Fuel Filters Bestselling ON SALE!
Features to Consider When Buying the Best Fuel Filters
Of course, when you buy a product, you will expect a durable and good quality to improve your engine’s performance. Today, most manufacturers use aluminum to build fuel filters.
The reason they choose this material is because of the corrosion-resistant assets. It is also crucial to make sure that the internal auto parts are well constructed, made from the right stuff, and well built.
Do you know that not all filters can fit your vehicles? Each has its dimensions. Also, they feature various shapes. Choosing the right size to match your engine is essential.
To know the best size of a filter for your vehicle, you should check the system manual or the owner’s manual.
I understand you want a high-quality fuel filter that won’t be broken after purchasing. You don’t need to think that the more expensive one has better quality. What matters is compatibility. Just read the information carefully and set the budget you are willing to pay for one, then you will be fine.
4. Micron level
To give you more information on the particles’ size, take a look below:
- Salt: 60 microns
- Dust: 20 microns
- Sand: 250 microns
- Silt: 44 microns
I suggest you choose the fuel filter with five or fewer micrometers. The lower rating can help the process of filtering easier, and the quality of your fuel will be better too. As a result, your engine will be protected and last longer.
To check whether your fuel contains any particles, you can get some samples then inspect them. Dirty fuel can reduce the lifespan of your part. Each filter has a date that expires too. Check the limitation of the product before buying.
Either a beginner or a professional, this matter is vital for you. You will want a product that saves you a lot of time to assemble. So check it out before buying. This can save a lot of issues such as looking for other equipment to set up or hire someone to do that, etc.
Top 7 Best Fuel Filters For Gas & Diesel 2021 Reviews
#1 Best Overall: ACDelco TP3018 Professional
- Protects your vehicle’s fuel...
- Traps contaminants before they...
- Provides the performance and...
The ACDelco TP3018 is a must-have brand on the list of the best filters. It is well-trusted for premium quality and efficiency. This company has been founded here for more than 100 years of specializing in manufacturing quality parts.
This product can prevent the fuel system from dirt, rust, dust, or some other particles. The filter works like this: trapping the contaminants so that they can’t enter the fuel delivery system. As a result, your engine performance will work better.
The dimensions are 6.8 x 4.7 inches. It can fit your GM truck without any problem. Once your vehicle is added to this item, the fuel system will run smoothly.
I said this filter has the best performance because the fit, function, and form are ideal for every car. The outside of this filter is polished to ensure a beautiful look and weather resistance. It should be very durable.
- Premium quality and efficiency
- Can prevent the fuel system from dirt, rust, dust or some other particles
- Fit your GM truck well
- The fit, function, and form are ideal for every car
- Durable and weather-resistant
- Your engine performance will work better
- It needs to be changed after having contact with a wrong fuel
#2 Best Convenient: Dodge Ram
This product can make you satisfied because of its versatility. It can work well for most vehicles. Besides, it is a very high-quality filter.
The rear filter might be a bit tight, but it is not a big problem. This item owns genuine Mopar parts and Water Separator Set. All pieces will be installed in advance. You don’t need to work on that. Plus, the OEM parts are unusual. What you have to do is to set up the filters in the right way.
If you are not used to assembling this filter, it might take you around 1 hour. But if you are a professional, the time is about 30 – 40 minutes to replace it. The guideline is attached to the package. You should read it carefully before setting it up.
You are recommended to change the filter every 15,000 miles. This filter matches Cummins. The gasket canister lid will be included.
- Work for most vehicles
- Owns genuine Mopar parts and Water Separator Set
- Amazing OEM parts
- Easy to assemble
- This filter matches Cummins.
- The gasket canister lid will be included
- Already installed
- Tight canister lid
#3 Best Performance: Evil Energy
- Included: 1pc 30micron inline fuel...
- Fuel Filter Feature: Micro-fibre...
- This 30 micron fuel filters are...
Don’t let the name of the brand mislead you. This product is not evil. On the contrary, it is a great help to remove ‘evil’ contaminants in the fuel.
The microfiber is designed to capture different sizes of particles, such as dirt, paint particles, and dust. It can help improve the performance of your engine, at the same time, save fuel.
They use the stainless steel material to produce the filter screen so that it can be more durable. The billet aluminum body and end caps are a big plus to this. It can be resistant to aqueous corrosion. The pleated body and mesh screen help the fuel flow more efficiently.
This product can work with diesel, E85, and gasoline. The O-ring is designed for the screen to be applied in high-pressure applications.
- Microfiber is designed to capture different sizes of particles
- The stainless steel material used for the filter screen
- Billet aluminum body and end caps
- Resistant to the fluid corrosion
- Highly efficient
- Can work with diesel, E85, and gasoline
- O-ring is designed for the filter to be applied in high-pressure applications.
- A cover should be included
#4 Best Durable: Holley 162- 550
The Holley 162 – 550 can give you a lot of surprises than you think. The pure Black billet aluminum produces it. This makes sure of the durability of your product.
The way they build this filter and its structure contributes a lot to make it more long-lasting. Moreover, this filter has an adorable look. I know a screen is such a small gear in your vehicle, but if you care about this detail, the Holley is here for you.
This product can match with most automotive engines. You will have no problem with compatibility. Besides, the installation process is straightforward, even if you are a new person.
- Made of pure Black billet aluminum
- Nice look
- Good structure and build-in
- Match most automotive engines
- Installation is easy
- A bit heavier than others
#5 Best Quality: Wix 33960
- Package Dimensions: 10.414 cms (L)...
- Product Type: Fuel Filter
- Package Quantity: 1
The Wix 33960 is the most suitable for those who have much time to give proper care to your car, such as changing the oil often.
The product can prevent the fuel injection system of your vehicle from being contaminated. These contaminants can be dirt, rust, and other types.
So the engine can run more smoothly and trouble-free. Then your vehicle’s mile per gallon will perform better. The filtration capacity is 3.47 grams, which is excellent. It can also work well in severe conditions.
It is super easy to set up the filter. You don’t need any professional to do this. You can just do it by reading the instructions carefully.
- Best for people who don’t have much time to give proper care to their vehicles
- Good filtering capacity
- Easy to set up
- Work well in severe conditions
- The rating of microns is more prominent than some other models
#6 Best Heavy-duty: Cummins FS43257
- Package Dimensions: 13.208 L x...
- For 2007 - 2009 Dodge Pickup truck...
- Replaces: Fs43252 filters
The Cummins FS43257 is a USA-made product by one of the biggest diesel engine manufacturers in the world.
The heavy-duty filters of the Cummins are made of high-quality materials. It is very efficient. It can suit most automobiles in the market. It is also perfect for the 2007 – 2009 Dodge Pickup truck 2500/3500. Also, it fits well with the Cummins diesel engine 6.7l.
The Fs43252 filter can replace this model. A few pieces of equipment are attached when you buy, including the O-rings. It can be easy to install for someone who knows about it. But if you are new, then I recommend you ask for help from an experienced person.
- High efficiency
- Reliable brand
- High-quality materials
- Suit most automobiles
- Perfect for 2007 – 2009 Dodge Pickup truck 2500/3500 and Cummins 6.7l diesel engine
- O-rings are provided
- Can be replaced by the Fs43252
- It may be a bit difficult to install (for beginners)
#7 Best Budget: K&P PF-4100
- Superior Construction
- Low Restriction
- Large Capacity
The K&P PF-4100 is a unique product thanks to its superior construction. And it is entirely reasonable compared to the premium quality.
Unlike the others, the K&P is much more well-built. With the larger surface, this filter can keep the filtering of the fuel purer. It is also excellent and durable.
The restriction is very low, which makes it very easy to assemble. The filter has a large capacity, which makes the filtering progress faster and easier. Yet, this product is not compatible with all engines. You should probably double-check before purchasing.
- Superior construction
- Reasonable price
- Larger surface to keep the filtering more purity
- Solid and durable
- Low restriction
- Large capacity
- Easy to assemble
- Not compatible with all engines
Hands-on: How to Replace Car Fuel Filter
1. Is there a difference in fuel filters?
Nowadays, they are different in terms of design. The modern ones seem to be healthier because they are built to handle the higher pressure in the fuel system.
2. What is the best micron fuel filter?
The best micron after the pump is 1 – 40. High performing fuel injector companies suggest a 10 micron or better filter
3. How long do fuel filters last?
Normally, two years. Or you can check by miles. Every 30,000 miles, you have to change your filter. But that is for old models only. The newer one seems to last longer.
4. Can you clean a fuel filter?
The best way to clean your filter is to replace it. Unfortunately, most of them can not be cleaned. They are designed to change rather than be cleaned. So you don’t have that many options in this case.
5. Can you normally drive with a bad fuel filter?
A bad one can be the reason to make the engine stall when you drive. If it is blocked, the fuel can not run through the lines to the engine so that your engine will be starving. Then it can not run properly.
If you expect the best performance for your vehicles, just pick the best fuel filter that matches them. The best ones should replace the stock ones. In my opinion, I would choose the ACDelco TP3018 Professional Fuel Filter for its excellent performance. However, if you are super busy and you don’t have a lot of time investing in proper care, go for Wix 33960 Fuel Filter. It can give you a stress-free solution to take care of your engine.
I hope this buying guide is helpful, and you can find the best item out of this. It might not be easy to choose, but all will be sorted out if you know what you are doing. Good luck!
Latest Auto Fuel Filters Bestselling ON SALE!
- Package Dimensions: 15.4 H x 11.1 L...
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Country of Origin : United States
- Fits 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017...
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Made in United States
- Package Dimensions : 7.45 L x 3.38...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-10-24 via Amazon Product Advertising API.