This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Looking for better or the best fog lights for your vehicles? Or simply to replace the broken ones? Let’s check out the nine best options I have here!
I am sure you get how hard it is to drive in winter with bad weather conditions such as foggy, stormy, or snowy. In that case, a fog light is vital to give you clearer visibility. Your drive will be much safer. Apart from this, it can be a nice decoration to provide your car with a cool look.
- Top 5 Best Jeep Wrangler Headlights For Jeep JK, TJ, JL (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Towing Mirrors For Nissan Navara, Frontier, Prado, Pajero Sport, F150, Hilux & Range Rover Sport (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Brake Rotors: ACDelco or Bosch QuiteCast (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Deep Cycle RV Batteries: Optima, Odyssey or Renogy (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best RV Camper Tires: Bridgestone, Michelin or Dunlop (2021 Reviews)
However, there are too many options on the market nowadays. The decision is harder to make when you have to figure out which one is the best. In this review, I will mention the nine best fog lights in 2021 on the market, plus a buying guide and FAQ for your reference.
- Features to Consider When Buying The Best Fog Lights
- Top 9 Best Fog Lights For Cars & Trucks 2021 (incl. Ford Raptor, Tacoma, Jeep Wrangler)
- #1 Best Overall: Beamtech H11 Fog Light
- #2 Best Yellow Fog Light: Alla Lighting 3200 Fog Light
- #3 Best Value: Nilight Led Pods Fog Light
- #4 Best Lifespan: Philips X-treme Ultinon Fog Light
- #5 Best Powerful: VoRock8 R2 COB Fog Light
- #6 Best White light: JDM ASTAR Fog Light
- #7 Best Energy-saving: OPT7 CREE H11 Fog Light
- #8 Best Performance: SYLVANIA- 880 Fog Light
- #9 Best Budget: Calais 881 Fog Light
- Final Words
- DIY: Install Beamtech H11 Fog Light on VW Tiguan
- Latest Fog Lights Bestselling on Amazon
Features to Consider When Buying The Best Fog Lights
Brightness is one of the mandatory criteria that you should check when purchasing a fog light. It is normally measured in Lumens. This number shows the light intensity as well. The higher it is, the more intensive a bulb is.
For a fog light, the lumen ranges from 1000 to 3000 or even higher. A good number is around 1500 to 2000. As far as I know, the more expensive a fog light is, the brighter it will get.
2. Color temperature
The color temperature is measured in Kelvins. If the value is around 3000K, the light consists of more amber or yellow. They are warmer. With a higher value, which is around 6000K, it will have more blue and tend to be cooler.
Most fog lights on the market now offer an average number of 5000 to 6000K. For this option, your eye will get tiring faster because there is blue color content. So if you are concerned about this, go for some warmer options with yellow or amber colors.
3. Safety feature
In my opinion, it is necessary to look at safety features because normally, the LED chips are made of fragile materials. That is why you have to protect it better.
The ingress protection number rated around IP-67 is the best for LED light. However, there are bulbs rated IP-65. With the rating of IP-67, it ensures that neither water nor dust can destroy your bulb easily.
I am sure you don’t want to spend hours installing a fog light. And it should be easy no matter what type of vehicles you are doing for. The lighting system requires different socket types. And a light should have a matching plug so it can fit well with the car headlights. For this reason, you should check your car carefully.
Top 9 Best Fog Lights For Cars & Trucks 2021 (incl. Ford Raptor, Tacoma, Jeep Wrangler)
#1 Best Overall: Beamtech H11 Fog Light
The top product that you shouldn’t miss in this list is the Beamteach H11. It comes with a set of two 30W bulbs. Each one has 6 SEOUL Z8Y19 high-power CSP chips.
This light consumes less power than a Halogen bulb, at the same time, providing better light output. This is a Xenon white with 320-degree lightning. The lumen is 800 LMS. The lifespan is quite long. The life span is more than 10,000 hours.
The Beamtech is very sturdy, with very well-made beam patterns. With the advanced design (non-polarity design), this light can optimize the consistent brightness output and heat protection.
It features the Cold Pressed Aluminum Heat Sink to reduce the heat and maximize the bulb life. The installation process is super simple. You just need to plug and play. The manufacturer offers users one year of warranty.
- 1.BEAMTECH H11 Led Fog Light...
- 2.The power of each bulb is...
- 3.Cold Pressed Aluminum Heat...
- Comes with a set of two 30W bulbs, each has 6 SEOUL Z8Y19 high power CSP chips
- Consumes less power than a Halogen bulb and better light output
- Xenon white with 320-degree lightening
- Can work for more than 10,000 hours
- Very sturdy with very well-made beam patterns
- Cold Pressed Aluminum Heat Sink to reduce the heat and maximize the bulb life
- Easy installation
- One year of warranty
- Can’t use with headlights and does not have Hi-Low beam functions
#2 Best Yellow Fog Light: Alla Lighting 3200 Fog Light
Some people want a white light fog. But some want to add amber and yellow to this setup. The Alla has a combination of both options, which make a huge difference when you drive.
It comes in a set of two 1600 Lumens per H11 LED bulb. Each H11 LED bulb consists of 27 pieces of high power with the premium quality of 3030 SMD LED chips. This is high-intensity. The lifespan of the bulb is more than 50,000 hours.
This bulb features a 3000 K color temperature, which provides clearer visibility and warmth to the eyes. Actually, the best fog light is the one that has a mixture of amber and yellow light.
The working power is 9.6W. The voltage is from 9V to 24V. This bulb is made of waterproof IP65,6063 aviation aluminum material, combined with a built-in IC driver so that the heat can dissipate better. It also brings a more luxurious look to the car. The plug-n-play installation makes everything easy for you.
- (Set of 2) 1600 Lumens per H11 LED...
- Working Power: 9.6W; Voltage: 9V -...
- Water-proof with IP65,6063 aviation...
- Mixed between white and high-intensity yellow light
- Comes in a set of two 1600 Lumens per H11 LED bulb
- The lifespan of the bulb is more than 50,000 hours
- 3000 K color temperature, which provides clearer visibility and warmth to the eyes
- Made of waterproof IP65,6063 aviation aluminum material, combined with a built-in IC driver to dissipate the heat better
- Plug-n-play installation
- Warranty is not too long
#3 Best Value: Nilight Led Pods Fog Light
The Nilight Led Pods won’t disappoint you due to its high value. It is super bright because they use high-quality LED chips. The concentrated spot beam can illuminate to a further distance. The lumen is 1260 LM.
This light comes with an adjustable mounting bracket. You can adjust the pod to 45 degrees. This makes it easier to change the light beam’s direction. In the package, they include two pieces of 18W LED light bars too. This is a universal fit product. It can work with all vehicles.
The Nilight is waterproof and dustproof. The waterproof rate is IP67, up to 3.3 feet of water. It can last in 30 minutes. I have to say this item is very durable. It is also very well-constructed.
This light features unique designed die-cast aluminum alloy cooling fins. Thanks to this, the lifespan can be extended to more than 30,000 hours.
- SUPER BRIGHT SPOT BEAM:...
- ADJUSTABLE MOUNTING BRACKET: The...
- BETTER HEAT DISSIPATION: Special...
- Super bright because they use high-quality LED chips
- A concentrated spot beam can illuminate to a further distance
- Comes with an adjustable mounting bracket
- Include two pieces of 18W LED light bars when you purchase
- Universal fit
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Lifespan is 30,000 hours
- The bolts might be broken when you install
#4 Best Lifespan: Philips X-treme Ultinon Fog Light
Philips is a well-known brand that has been on the market for a long time. It is famous for its high quality and long-lasting products. The X-treme Ultinon is stylish with cutting-edge technology.
This is a pack of two that feature ultra-bright beams. The manufacturer ensures that their product is 200% brighter than usual. Plus, the perfect cool color-matching with HID headlights helps you see further in any unfavorable climate that you drive into. It can provide up to 6500K color temperature.
The great point of this product is the Patented Safe Beam technology. This can enhance the vision by directing the lights to the road. It will not cause any issue to oncoming drivers, animals, or pedestrians. Thanks to this, the road can be safer for everyone.
The company claims that its product can last up to 12 years, which is super impressive. It might be overwhelmed when you look at its price. But think about how durable it is; you will find it worth it.
- Get maximum visibility and style.
- Bright white 6000K High Power LED...
- Direct Replacement for Halogen Fog...
- Cutting-edge technology and stylish
- 200% brighter than usual
- Perfect cool color-matching with HID headlights so you can see further in any unfavorable climate
- 6500K color temperature
- Patented Safe Beam technology
- Can last up to 12 years
- High price
#5 Best Powerful: VoRock8 R2 COB Fog Light
I will like the VoRock8 R2 for its powerfulness. It has the smallest size but is one of the brightest lights on the market. It comes in pairs. The output reach is 8000LM for both. The COB chip-focused beam technology gives a perfect pattern without any dark spots.
This light can fit most of the vehicles without any problem. You don’t have to modify the headlight housing or cover. It is built with cold-pressed aviation-grade aluminum combined with a two-ball fan so that the heat can dissipate the best.
The VoRock8 is a 12-volt bulb that has a 6500K diamond white color. There is a note that you should bear in mind that popularity is reserved for some vehicles. You should flip the Plug 180 degrees to reverse and reconnect after.
It is very simple to set up this light because of the one plug-and-play design. You should read the warning in advance to learn how to do that.
- 【Pls Check the Video】SMALLEST...
- 【Size】 H10 9040 9045 9055 9140...
- 【Check the "Note" after you...
- 6500K diamond white color
- Very powerful
- Smallest size but is one of the brightest lights on the market
- Output reach is 8000LM
- COB chip focused beam technology gives a perfect pattern without any dark spot
- Can fit most the vehicles
- Built with cold-pressed aviation grade aluminum combined with two ball fan to dissipate the heat
- One plug and play design
- The cooling fan doesn’t work well as expected
#6 Best White light: JDM ASTAR Fog Light
If you don’t like yellow or amber light, then the JDM ASTAR is a good option. It is brightly white and powerful.
These bulbs come with 6000K xenon white. Each light bulb is 1300 LM. The max capacity is 50 W. The operating watt is 10. It can fit several models, namely 9040, 9140, 9145, 9050, 9155, and H10.
The JDM lights are much brighter than the Halogen light. They are so clear that you won’t see any blue tint like in some other products. They create better visibility for drivers.
The lights are well-built. They have a nice LED look that will not challenge oncoming drivers or draw any attention from the police. It comes as two bulbs in one order.
- Two bulbs per order.
- Color:6000K White.Size: 1.5" long...
- Max Capacity: 50W; Operate at 10W....
- Come with 6000K xenon white
- Very bright and powerful
- Max capacity is 50 W
- Can fit several models, namely 9040, 9140, 9145, 9050, 9155, and H10.
- No blue tint
- Nice LED look
- Don’t challenge oncoming drivers or draw attention from the polices
- Not as durable as expected
#7 Best Energy-saving: OPT7 CREE H11 Fog Light
The OPT7 CREE is a very durable item. There are two high-quality bulbs in one package. They are made of CREE LED chips. They design energy-efficient circuits to make the lights use less energy; meanwhile, the lifespan can last longer, up to 60,000 hours.
They feature Plug and play design. A range of socket types is available too. Thanks to this, you can find a pair that matches this socket easily. Each bulb can produce 700 Lumens. Each bulb has 6 CREE Xlamp XB-D LEDs.
They use aluminum to produce housing to ensure the strength, durability, and heat can dissipate more efficiently. This light bulb is able to against light rain. The company includes a 12-month warranty when you purchase this OPT7 fog light.
- All Day Styling with OPT7 CREE...
- 700 Lumens: 6 CREE Xlamp XB-D LEDs...
- Powered by CREE Advanced Glow XLamp...
- Lifespan can last longer, up to 60,000 hours.
- Plug and play design
- The range of socket types are available
- Each bulb can produce 700 Lumens
- 6 CREE Xlamp XB-D LEDs per bulb
- aluminum to produce the housing to ensure the strength, durability, and heat can dissipate more efficiently
- 12-month warranty
- Can not resist a water jet
#8 Best Performance: SYLVANIA- 880 Fog Light
The SYLVANIA is a very reliable, safe, and high-performing fog light that you shouldn’t miss. This is xenon charged light bulb. The cobalt blue coating offers the optimal light color and transmission.
This light’s design is sleek. The silver mirror top alloy coating makes the headlights look jewel-like. These bulbs provide a white light look, crisp as well as the attitude and feel of HID.
Gas technology makes the bulb more alternative. It is 100% street legal. The light intensity is 1500 LM.
The light comes in a pair. One can’t work without the other. I recommend you replace it in pairs to have the best performing lights. The color temperature is 4200K. The lifespan of this product is shorter than LEDs. It can work for 250 hours.
- Lights Dim Over Time, Replace In...
- Xenon Charged Light Bulbs: Cobalt...
- Sleek Style Meets Premium...
- Reliable, safe and high-performing
- Sleek design
- Silver mirror top alloy coating makes the headlights look jewel-like
- White light look, crisp as well as the attitude and feel of HID.
- Gas technology makes the bulb more alternative
- 100% street legal
- Color temperature is 4200K
- Short lifespan
#9 Best Budget: Calais 881 Fog Light
The Calais 881 is highly recommended if you want to save your money, while you can still own a high-quality fog light.
It is a 3000K yellow light. Each bulb light is around 1000 LM. The Calais offers a unique point, which is the COB chip. This brings a lot of advantages. One of them is to provide a non-glaring light. This won’t disturb the oncoming drivers as well as walkers or animals. In addition, the heat can dissipate better, which results in a longer lifespan.
The light bulb can run in 50,000 hours. The housing is made of aviation aluminum, which is waterproof to ensure the durability of the product. It has a non-polarity design.
This light bulb comes with two years of warranty. The installation is very simple. You can plug and play for most vehicles. The rate is IP-68, which means that the light can be in 1 meter of water without any problem.
- Fits:881, 889, 886, 889, 894, 896,...
- Note!!! Please confirm in advance...
- Aviation Aluminum material for...
- Reasonable but high-quality
- 3000K yellow light
- Each bulb light is around 1000 LM
- COB chip
- The lifespan is 50,000 hours
- The housing is made of aviation aluminum, which is waterproof to ensure the durability
- Two years of warranty
- Simple installation
- Rate IP-68
- European cars need a load resistor for installation
1. What color should my fog lights be?
I would say yellow or amber is more preferred because it is more friendly to your eyes. It can improve visibility too.
2. Are LED lights good for fog?
The best LED fog light can save more energy than a halogen bulb. They are more durable too. They help you a lot when the weather is not good.
3. Are fog lights worth it?
They are not very useful if the weather conditions are good. But if it is foggy, then definitely you should install a fog light to enhance the visibility and avoid glaring.
4. Can fog lights drain your battery?
The fog light normally doesn’t turn on by itself. If you turn it on and leave it for hours, your battery will be drained for sure. So, be mindful!
To put in a nutshell, either you are looking for a fog light for your car or truck, you should notice that an HID’s LED can do a better job. You know what is best for you and your vehicles. To give you the last piece of advice, I would pick Beamtech H11 Fog Light for being best performing at a reasonable price. If you want to invest in a long-lasting light bulb of good quality, go for Philips X-treme Ultinon Fog Light. I hope you can find the best one now.
DIY: Install Beamtech H11 Fog Light on VW Tiguan
Latest Fog Lights Bestselling on Amazon
- See Better in Rainy&Foggy Day:...
- 10 Minutes Installation: Almost 1:1...
- Say Goodbye to Frequent...
- 300% Brighter Than Halogen: Each...
- 30,000hrs Long Lifespan: Fanless...
- 1:1 Safe Beam Pattern: Same light...
- SEALIGHT Advantages: Firstly, the...
- Installed in 10 Minutes: Compact...
- Fitment: Compatible with...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2022-01-28 via Amazon Product Advertising API.